All reviews chef bob cattle drive white water rafting horseback riding family vacation fantastic week riding ability other guests trading post skeet shooting line dancing skill level experienced riders spent the week fly fishing cowboy hat overnight camp
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have read most of the reviews and I totally agree with them all. Everything is perfect at the ranch, all of the staff, the location, the cabins, the food, the horses, the activities, the feeling of beeing safe and good taken care of.

It has been three weeks since we left the ranch and our children (7,11,12) ask us every day to please take them back next summer. They missed the ranch the minute we drowe down the road that sunday morning. They almost cried.

My children and my housband had never been on a horse before, but that was not a problem at all. Now they love riding!

I spent hours and hours searching the internett finding the perfect ranch for my family. Black Mountain Ranch met all of my wishes and more. We came all the way from Norway with high hopes, and they all came through.
We all would love to come back another year!

2  Thank Anne-Mari1975
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I took 2 grandkids (both 9, girl & boy) for the last week in July. Neither had any riding experience. Victoria, our wrangler for the week, went over and above to ensure their safety, fun, and that they left with a positive experience. The ranch is gorgeous, food was over the top (thanks chef Bob!). Cabin was great, wonderful decor in all the buildings, raft trip was a blast! Overnight campout, even in the drizzle, was amazing! Variety of activities made each day unique and exciting. We don't know how they can improve. The ranch capacity of 40 allows for intimate interaction if you so choose. Thanks Nowell, kaylee, Bryce, Ryan, and all your wranglers etc for making our trip with the grandkids a lifetime memory! We hope to return in several years with our now 2 - 6 yr old grand girls. Sandi and Gary Appelt, Brenham, TX

Room tip: Aspen cabin was a great 2-bedroom 2 bath (loft with twins and bath)
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was looking for a new adventure ten years ago and I found Black Mountain Ranch by chance.

I have never been anywhere so magical and it exceeded all of my expectations.

Now I have kids and could not wait to take them to this wonderful place and it didn't let me down.

The place hasn't changed much which is great as I loved the authenticity of the ranch.

The staff are amazing and cannot do enough for you and they are great with the kids.

I have stayed in the best hotels and in the best places in the world and nothing has made me feel more happier than being on this ranch with my kids.

I cannot wait to go back - am missing it already.

Well done Noël and the gang!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had the extreme pleasure of staying at Black Mountain Ranch last week with my wife. Everything was top notch - from the food, the riding, the staff, the accommodations and the view. Everywhere we looked was like looking at the most perfect postcard. Nowell May has put together a dream ranch and we're all lucky that he was willing to share it with the world. He's also hired some of the friendliest staff you could ask for. Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. As it was just my wife and I, we kept saying to each other how much our kids would have loved it. We're already planning how we can get them up there with us the next time we visit. If you're looking for the very best dude ranch experience, either as a couple or as a family, you have to give BMR a try. You will be absolutely blown away.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Black Mountain Ranch was the hardest place I have ever had to leave! My family of ages 6 - 69 had the adventure of a lifetime. We were amazed at the caliber of staff working at the ranch. The website was compelling in our search for a dude ranch, but the experience itself was beyond belief. The beauty of the area is awe inspiring and we all will keep a piece of it in our hearts until we can return.