All reviews chef bob cattle drive white water rafting horseback riding family vacation fantastic week riding ability other guests trading post skeet shooting line dancing skill level experienced riders spent the week fly fishing cowboy hat overnight camp
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Tucked in the mountains of CO this place is amazing. We spent the week here with the family and made so many great memories. Horseback riding each day, knowledgeable and friendly staff, beautiful views, and AH-mazing food. If you're looking for a place to get away from it all - this is the place. Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank DelOrganic
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed on the ranch and cannot say enough about the place and the people who run it. A "perfect getaway" is actually quite an understatement.

My girlfriend is from Manhattan and is not what you'd consider anything close to a cowgirl. Yet, the gentleness and welcoming of the staff made her feel comfortable doing new things like driving cattle, riding horses and lassoing calfs. The food was beyond amazing, the chef was also the chef at some of Boulder's finest restaurants, and the nightly saloon was a blast.

When we left she actually told me "I was really nervous about this trip, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoelWish
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I booked a 5 day stay at the ranch in June of 2011. One of my close friends was turning 40 and we wanted to do something unique to commemorate it. We thought we would have a fun time here but it was better than expected. I cannot say enough good things about the place and the people.I have traveled a lot and this was a trip i wont forget. I highly recommned Black Mountain Ranch to both adults and families.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank QuezRho
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Fantastic week in the mountains! For a truly Western, Colorado experience, Black Mountain Ranch has it all: great food, friendly horses, helpful staff, rustic accommodations. The starry night skies are unbeatable! I'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank sallyfranck
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This is a fantastic Ranch with excellent facilities in a beautiful location!
We went to this ranch for my partners 40th birthday and it was the ideal way to celebrate it!
It is family run and they did everything possible to make our trip a great experience. Really friendly and professional. I have thirty years experience with horses and my partner had never ridden before and they managed to fix us up with the perfect horses according to our riding abilities. You don't have to be able to ride to go there. Just a sense of adventure! We also went whitewater rafting for the day and shooting clays and learned how to lasso a cow!
There is a restaurant on site where the food is exceptional, we really didn't expect it to be this good. Not that you will always eat in there as we also BBQ'd and camped round the fire which we loved. Jimmy, your margaritas are ace! The saloon is very authentic and the log cabins were awesome. We met a fabulous bunch of people from the guests to the wranglers and all the family. We would definitely recommend it!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple