“friendly service,fun place”

Silver Saddle Motel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The view of pikes peak is worth the stay.Great location for wandering Manitou Springs and Old Colorado Springs.Rooms were clean and well furnished.Owner on premisis and ready to help.We will be back to the area next month and will definitly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Silver Saddle Motel

Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was told by a friend that manitou spring was a great place for families, so I took my family there for a weekend trip. We looked around town and all the chain motel had outragious prices so we shopped around for a while then we stopped at the silver saddle. We were greated with a warm smile from the front desk person who was also the owner, the lobby was newly renovated and looked amazing. The rooms were also newly remodeled and very clean. The room had a great view of pikes peak and the pool. There continental breakfast was perfect in the morning. We enjoyed our stay so much we have already recomended it to other people. Thank you silver saddle motel!!!

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I planned a vacation with my family to colorado and we decided manitou springs was the best place, centrally located!!! for all the attraction. This hotel definitely exceeded our expectations. The hotel is now run by a college graduate and his lovely girlfriend. They are the best hosts we have had in many years of family vacations. The hotel rooms were all newly remodeled and our kids could stop talking about how much they loved the pool. We will; be returning to this hotel again, STAY HERE you will love it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My wife and I were just getting done with our tour around Garden of the gods during our drive around Colorado and were just looking for a place to crash after a long day of hiking in Colorado Springs. To our surprise when looking through various hotels in a local brochure we found Silver Saddle right outside the park.

This place was perfect for us. We walked in room and were met with a cool room, which felt oh so good on our sunburns and the cleanliness helped us unwind and made us feel very comfortable.

Parking was very convenient with stalls available right in front of our room.

When asked, the person working at the desk recommended a nice little restaurant across the street which was tasty.

There's a park located across the street and the view from our room of the mountain was amazing.

If I had to find one thing that could be improved, it would be the internet connection. They have a very convenient WiFi for all the rooms, but we had a somewhat weak signal. This probably isn't a necessity for everyone, but we were using it for planning the next day of travel. We were able to finish, though.

We didn't use the pool but there is one and looks kept up and clean. There was also a filling continental breakfast available in the morning which hit the spot and got us ready for another day of adventure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

DON"T STAY HERE! We had camera equipment stolen out of our room and they refused to do anything about it. Only the manager was in our room and our room was locked the whole time- who would YOU say took the equipment?

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nobleite
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I drove into manitou for the weekend and was pleasently suprised by this quaint little town. We started looking around at all the othe name brand hotels and found out that they are just charging people an arm and a leg for sub par rooms. So we started looking around at the mom and pop shops but all looked run down then as outlr future looked grim we stumbled upon the Silver Saddle motel, they had just recently renovated and were under new management so we decided to stop in and take a look. The rooms were perfect, better then the chain hotels. We were greated with a sincere welcome by the front desk person, his name was Arty, he was very kind and let us know if there was anything at all that we needed that he would be our concierge:) the rates were very affordable and the rooms were perfe for the price if anything we under paid, our whole stay every one was so kind and helpful, I will be telling everyone I know about our stay at the Silver Saddle Motel and anyone that reads this review take my word for it it's the best in Manitou and I would know we spent 2 hours looking at almost every one o the 23 hotels in town!! I will be returning as soon as I can.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We have been frequenting this motel for about 12 years. We never had anything but glowing reviews for the place, until the “new management” took over. We went to Manitou Springs for an extended weekend. Booked our usual Deluxe Hot Tub Room, well in advance – like a month or more. When we arrived we were told that our room was no longer available. We were put in a hot tub room that had 2 queens instead of the 1 king – which was not a problem for us – except the air conditioner was not operating properly. The room was like 98 degrees when we walked in! We called for a repair but no one was available to fix it and there was no replacement air conditioning unit available. We were offered the room next door – which we were told was not a hot tub room. That was it.!! I finally called for a fan to help at least circulate the hot air in the room. We also got the air conditioner to work intermittingly by messing with it ourselves – it never blew cold air continuously – it would cycle from cold to hot. The first night was totally miserable. When we left for breakfast the next morning the maids turned the AC unit off! Thankfully a storm blew in that afternoon and cooled everything down really nice. So the second night was not as miserable.
Now I understand that things happen and rooms get booked by people who show up first, but that was why I made the reservation well in advance.
I have had nothing bad to say about this place - until now. Again, I understand how things happen, but it was the lack of response from this “new management” that disappointed me. In the past, if there ever was a problem with booking or a problem with the room John (the previous manager) was very quick to make things right. (And we encountered very few problems) It was that sort of service that has kept us loyal. I actually wrote a letter and e-mailed it (twice) to this new “management” to give them the opportunity to respond to this situation and they have ignored me. They obviously don’t care about customer service. After spending $263.94 for a room that was unbearably hot and receiving unsympathetic and indifferent treatment from management, we won’t be back.
My advice: Stay away from this place – there are so many more really great places in Manitou – where you’ll be treated much better.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Silver Saddle Motel? Share your experiences!