“Disappointed”

Silver Saddle Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor but I was disappointed. The rooms although clean were old, dark and depressing. We were not able to watch channel USA as there wasn't any sound (although there was sound on all of the other channels) and there was not a fan exhaust in the bathroom. I was just glad I had only booked it for one night.

• Stayed July 2012
SilverSaddleAB, Owner at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
As a hotel owner I know that we can not make every guests stay perfect but we sure try to. If you have any complaints or suggestions to improve our property please let one of our staff know durring your stay and I promise it will be resolved. If you do not let anyone know, then we can not help you. Im sorry your stay wasnt what you expected. Yes our property is old (1947) and we dont have the 1000 thread count sheets and a personal butler but we compensate by having the lowest rates. Most people enjoy a low priced clean room because they spend a majority of their time visiting one of the 25 local attractions.

Arthur Bryja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

this is a great place to stay if you want to be close to all attractions, the owner arthur was very helpful when i needed tools to fix my car in the lot and went out of his way to make out 3 day stay worry free thanks man, we'll be back and tell all our friends about your place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Everything was going well until the housekeepers didn't clean our room on our second day. We left a little late that day as the housekeepers were outside our door. They walked off to the next room and saw us leave for the day. We had a long, hot, fun day and when we arrived back to our room it had not been touched. That is not cool. I went and talked to the front desk and the manager apologized and got me more towels as requested.

Management was great, the beds were hard, the bathroom was rough but okay, the internet service was AWESOME, I'm 6'1" and couldn't read the dial on the air conditioner because it is mounted so high in the room, there were dead miller moths in the picture frames in our room. We stayed in Room 107.

Housekeepers just didn't care... that sucks because we were planning on staying there again next time were are in town. Now, not sure. Unfortunately, this is becoming the norm in a lot of places.

Room Tip: Room 107 had great wireless Internet connection speed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Im sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay. I have addressed the housekeeping issue with my staff and assure you it will not happen again. Reviews help our property very much and with yours it helps us know where we are lacking so that we may always keep improving our place. Our main goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. As for the air conditioners, it would be too costly to modify the height but I have ordered step stool for all the rooms so that it will be much easier to reach the controls. Thank you so much for suporting small businesses and we hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Arthur Bryja
Omaha, NE
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was our second time visiting Manitou Springs. The 1st as a couple in 09 & this time as a family. Our trip was scheduled 6/20-6/27/12. The 1st time to M.S, we stayed here. We pondered staying elsewhere this time but in the end figured, we had the perfect stay last time, why change a sure thing? We were spot on! The owner & staff deeply CARE about their motel. When I see people comment on things they were unhappy with, I have to question if they mentioned anything to the staff? The fan went out in our bathroom. We let them know & they were up 1st thing to fix it. We couldn't figure out the remote, it was probably about 9:30pm. Without a blink, the desk clerk was there, fixed it all up & we were good. The property is very clean! Rooms well kept, landscaping immaculate. When we vacation, we aren't there to hang out in our rooms all day so maybe it's just us, but we have never noticed the rooms to be smaller than any other motel/hotel. Last time we had 1 King bed Jacuzzi room & this time a junior suite. (see traveler tips) We have never noticed the air units to be any louder than any other motel/hotel we have stayed at. Love having chairs outside the rooms to take in the spectacular views! Breakfast is just fine & kept up on. We typically want to have a quick breakfast & be on our way. If we wanted a full, hot breakfast we could chose to dine out. Why do people complain when it says continental breakfast? That's what they offer & that's what they have. Our vacation was interrupted Sunday about 2am with mandatory evacuation due to the Waldo Canyon Fire. It was rather surreal. However, the staff was amazing. They got all of their guests out safely & professionally. By the way, the chain hotel we ended up at further from the fire in Co Spgs didn't hold a candle to the Silver Saddle in many ways. When evacuees were allowed back in, we came back to somewhat continue our vacation. It wasn't the same b/c we were no longer staying at this beloved motel. We stopped & visited before we resumed our trip into town. As we left I told my family that I really wanted to stay behind & help clean up. It smelled like a campfire in the office & I figured the rest of the rooms did too. It was breaking my heart that after all of the hard work & care they put into this place to see no cars in front of rooms. I was hoping insurance would cover the loss of business due to the fire/smoke. I saw 5 cars in their lot as we left town that evening. I know this is awfully winded, but I guess I can't say enough about this place. All of our future trips to Manitou will be spent at the Silver Saddle. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: They have a few junior suites: If available these will cost you (with a AAA discount) less than 2 ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Pegrad
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed here on June 20th. The room was nice, bed was comfortable. We had a microwave and a fridge in our room. The bathroom was really small, but not a big deal, the sink is on the outside of the bathroom. The breakfast was ok, your regular food, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, juice,etc. Very nice view of the Garden of the Gods from the rooms. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel from the outside looked like it was in a time warp from the 50's, however the rooms have been updated and were very clean and comfortable. It was a very convenient location for visiting downtown, Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods. We happened to be there when the Waldo Canyon fire started and were concerned. After talking to the staff, not only did they offer to give us our money back on our prepayed stay but encouraged us to leave so that the locals that were being evacuated had some place to go. I appreciate that sort of community spirit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a single story room that eliminated the possibility of overhead noise, however, they we...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vyoral
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 26, 2012

positives: conveniently located, clean motel, and decent continental breakfast
negatives: the room was small and the internet was slow

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple