“Victoria's Keep is where I keep my heart.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
1892 Victoria's Keep
Pueblo, Colorado
“Victoria's Keep is where I keep my heart.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I have stayed often at this Bed and Breakfast and I have never been disappointed. It doesn't hurt that the B&B is located in Manitou Springs, CO, a beautiful small mountain town. The property is well kempt and very homey. The rooms are well appointed and I have rested in all of them except two. The inn keeper for most of my time there was Sheenga. She was possibly the most helpful inn keeper I've ever met. Jay and Karen the owners were also available and now they are again running the inn full time. It is always nice to see them and their email feed back is attentive and appropriate. Finally, as always I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts across the United States and the breakfast here is always superb. If you have a chance to stay in the area, stay at this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bstrawn

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sumter, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

The manager was accommodating. Parking left much to be desired. Breakfast was always SWEET, which we do not care for in the mornings.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank veekayray
Westminster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

We did not meet the owners however were greeted by a nice young man and Sheena. Sheena is a dear and very helpful. Unfortunately I was being budget conscious and chose their least expensive room. The shower and bathroom was too small for our needs and next time, I will not cut corners and request one of the larger rooms. (The mirror in the bathroom should be raised because we had to stoop to see our full face.)

Breakfast (both days) was wonderful. Especially the baked pears! I had a nice time in the mornings and early evenings, sitting on a porch rocker, sipping hot chocolate. This is a very charming B&B.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DianaWestminster_CA
Beaulah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

After several months of reading reviews on B&B's in Manitou Springs, we chose Victoria's keep. I expected it to be absolutely charming considering all the positive posts. Upon arrival I asked to go to the restroom and was told to hold on. Once credit card was processed I again asked to please use the restroom and was told in just a minute. The man helping us said he was going to show us how to use the front door lock completely ignoring the fact that this was the third time I had asked to use the restroom. He made me wait till we got to our room to use the bathroom. It leaves a pretty bad first impression when somebody is dying to use the restroom and they ignore you so they can do what they need to do. We got to our room (The Queen's Chambers) the walls are purple and pink and decorated with fake flowers The Jacuzzi tub is Pepto-Bismol pink with the wallpaper coming off the walls. There was so much light in the room that it was hard to sleep at night. The room overall just felt dirty. I think it was because of the dust covering all the decorations in the room. We did have a nice view from our room. Good water pressure in the shower. The outside is cute and great for pictures. Although Karen was very nice breakfast left much to be desired. I have traveled a lot and have stayed in many B&B's. In comparison to those B&B's I was very disappointed with this one. Victoria's Keep B&B needs some updating and a litle help
in the customer service department. By the way, they have a dog that doesn't like males and when my husband went to pet it went crazy barking at him. The heads up on the dog would have helped too. Thank you Karen for your kind efforts.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
law_sand, Owner at 1892 Victoria's Keep, responded to this review, May 23, 2010
I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It sounds like there wasn't anything to your liking with our property, even after reading multiple reviews. It is unfortunate that you did not discuss this with us prior to your departure, as it seems that your expectations were not met. Our website clearly depicts the Queen's Chambers as purple and pink with a pink tub. We will make every effort to improve upon your suggestions. As far as our rescue dog, she has only been allowed in the inn three times and we were not sure of her behavior, and we only suspected her dislike for male counterparts from abuse. I apologize for her misbehavior. It was confirmed with her behavior and she will not be allowed to participate with guest interaction from this point on. Your criticism only makes our property perform better in the future, with added attention to your complaints. Thank you for your input.
Monument, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

Karen (the owner) went out of her way to welcome us to the Inn long before we even arrived through personal e-mails answering any questions we had. Upon arrival, she greeted us at the door and gave us a nice tour of the Inn. Our room (Royal Chambers Suite) was quaint and cozy and very private - perfect for an anniversary get-away. There was a cute little cake and sparkling cider waiting in the room to help us celebrate our special day. The gas fireplace kept us warm and cozy all night and added to the romantic atmosphere. Karen offered to help us make dinner reservations and gave us perfect driving directions to the Craftwood Inn (also highly recommended).

In the morning we were greeted in the dining room (with hot coffee if we wanted it) by Sheena, the Head Innkeeper. She prepared a wonderful breakfast with fruit parfait, fresh juices, and a melt-in-your mouth entree. We happened to be the only ones at the Inn mid-week, so Sheena took the time to give us a tour of each room/suite. Such wonderful variety!

We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend the 1892 Victoria's Keep Inn. We can't wait to go back and try each room!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mint-lady
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

I loved the way the room was decorated - it was very charming. The bed was SO comfortable (had to climb up steps to get up on it!) and soft and we loved the tub.

We would've preferred breakfast to be served in-room as opposed to going downstairs but it's not too much of a big deal. We had breakfast with another couple that were also staying there at the time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank noele_fd
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

We frequent Manitou and have been to several B&B's and loving variety have actually been to Victoria's Keep B&B a number of times staying in the inn and both cottages. This time with the pooch so Hearts on Ruxton was the best fit. Our comfy home away from home, snuggling in front of the firer place on a very frosty night. When we want the total pampering experience with fantastic breakfasts we stay in the main B&B Royal Chambers is our favorite so far. Everyone is so nice and we learn something new about Manitou on every stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 9 in Manitou Springs

Been to 1892 Victoria's Keep? Share your experiences!