“Beyond well done!!”

Red Crags Estates
San Pedro, Belize
“Beyond well done!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were here for a wedding group and man oh man was it amazing! The service was exceptional, the food was astonishing, the bears were exciting. With our party having all the rooms at all the houses I got to see it all, and it was all great. Common areas were certainly large enough for us all to gather together. We even had two dinners on property (brought our own food) with plenty of room for extra guests that weren't staying on property. The rooms were also very private and unique - so even with the whole place full it was easy to feel like you had disappeared to be alone with your significant other at night. I'll be back, even if I only live an hour away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
redcrags, Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for you wonderful words! We endeavor to have all guests just as pleased!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and was very disappointing. The house and grounds are charming but the rooms are extremely hot during the summer. The site says there is A/C but it was extremely hot during the day and the night. The old windows would not open more than a few inches at night and there was really not enough breeze to cool the room off. There was a small side room that had the smallest window unit you can buy but it was way, way to small to cool both rooms.

I had to get dressed for our wedding dripping in sweat and we couldn't sleep at night because it was so hot. Really ruined the whole trip. I would have rather slept outside in a tent or in my car. The worst part was what I had to pay. When I approached the owner and asked for some type of remedy I was just given a gift certificate for a future stay?!?

My advice would be not to stay here during the summer or really at any other time. I am still really disappointed about my experience and the lack of understanding to make it right

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jameym745
redcrags, Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
As expressed at departure, we are so very sorry for this experience. One of two central units went down the day of arrival. Fortunately, the first day was Colorado cool but Sunday was warm. Our offer to move to another room was not accepted but we did believe we should offer the opportunity to stay with us again at our expense so as to enable the party to experience Red Crags Estates in a much better manner. The central unit is being replaced as this is being written. Once again, our heart felt apologies and would ask reconsideration on another visit.
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I made a reservation after reading the reviews on trip advisor. It is a beautiful property, clean and friendly staff. Maurine greeted us and gave us a quick tour of the main property. We were staying in the Onaledge room in a different property. It was the entire third floor of the home, with a separate bedroom for our ten yr old. It rained most of the evening, so it was cooler for the end of July. Good thing! Our room was HOT. There was a wall air conditioner for the main room, and a floor box fan for the separate bedroom. As hot as it was in the summer, I would expect it to be just as cold in the winter, although there is also a small gas stove in the room. Please be advised that while this property has amazing history and beauty, it is an old home. I gave it above average for the price, because of the amazing breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about children. There is one of the properties that does allow kids.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hondasaki_cat_girl
redcrags, Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Your input is very important and we have implemented a system to avoid having the room be so warm in the peak of summer. Over time, this has worked well as our guests have provided ample positive feedback to indicate the same. We thank you for your input and the kind, complimentary words!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Red Crags Inn for three nights and could not have been more pleased. The house, property and two adjoining properties (also B&B’s) had the perfect environment for which we were looking. Our room and bath were spacious, clean & comfortable. The grounds throughout the three properties were spectacular with trails, sitting areas, water features and views, views and more views! Though Pikes Peak was clearly visible from each property, the best views had to be from the Red Crags Inn. Breakfast each morning was awesome and served outside on the beautiful patio area. We enjoyed our relaxing meal with guests from all three properties. It was great getting to meet and visit with everyone. The innkeepers, Maureen and Brett, were two of the most outstanding, friendly and accommodating hosts we have ever experienced. Great accommodations, grounds, food and hosts…what more could you ask for?! Thanks so much and we will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
redcrags, Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to serving you in the near future as we love having you visit.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I wanted to Elope and our plans evolved and changed due to our geographical issues: He is American and I am Canadian. Our life plans brought us to Colorado and eventually Manitou Springs to Elope. We found Rockledge Country Inn and could not have made a more perfect choice. The property is breathtaking, the views a slice of heaven....the Staff; especially Brett ( who officiated ) and Maureen were like family. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we waved goodbye, we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and honeymoon. The carriage house was perfect for us....upon arrival my girlfriends back home made arrangements with Brett to have a lttle surprise waiting for us; beautiful pink roses/carnations with a basket filled with chocolate, coffee and Rockledge mugs...I LOVED IT !! He wrote out a card for the girls and it brought me to tears. I was not invovled in the planning of our elopement due to my hectic work schedule, so my wedding and honeymoon was actually a surprise....between my wonderful loving husband and the amazing staff at Rockledge they could not have put together or hosted a better wedding/honeymoon. This B&B is worth the visit....from the views, property, rooms, service, hospitality to the wonderful breakfast...you will not be disappointment. They made the most important day of my life even more than what we could have dreamed....and we thank you...Michelle and Michael

Room Tip: The Carriage house feels like a small cottage with all the amenities you will need.
2 Thank mdlouie
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent 22 years in the Army and have traveled the World. I have stayed in numerous B&B all over the US and Germany and have to say the Rockledge Inn is the FINEST I have ever stayed. The staff were excellent, not only in taking care of us, but made us feel like family. My Bride Michelle and I have NEVER experienced a more delightful, beautiful, and Romantic setting than the Rockledge Inn. The grounds were impeccable, the scenery breathtaking, and the Cottage was outstanding. We both agree that the Rockledge Inn was the best choice, we researched over a dozen B&B's to ELOPE at and both agree that we found the BEST one. We will celebrate each anniversary there for as long as we can. Again, to the STAFF of the Inn, THANK YOU so VERY MUCH for making OUR MARRIAGE to EACH OTHER the most MEMORABLE time of OUR LIVES!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Let me start by saying that I do not know the quality of the actual property, I am just very disappointed by their customer service. My husband and I travel to Manitou Springs nearly every summer for a race that we participate in. We were looking forward to staying at this B&B based on the pictures and the location. I was a bit put off right away that they did not have a real online booking system, just an email and a confirmation kind of system. But I figured that would be fine, I was also not very happy that you did not have a lot of other internet communication tools available to you. In this day and age not being able to be emailed about questions or concerns is not a great idea.

Finally what really put me off of this property for good was that when I had to call and cancel a reservation that we had I am now being charged a fee. It is a fairly nominal fee, but I am still mad that even though my reservation was a month out I am still being charged. I guess in their eyes I am being charged for getting tohave a reservation in the first place. I have very happily decided to stay at another location in town and and will never even look or consider this place again, I have also let my fellow travelers know not to consider it either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
redcrags, General Manager at Red Crags Estates, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
We are saddened by such an objectionable comment from someone who has not stayed with us, cancelled only to reserve with another bed & breakfast per the comment and be taken back by our $25 cancellation fee, the very purpose of which is in response to individuals who reserve extremely popular weekends, thus preventing our reserving other guests, only to cancel and move to another site. We did not charge the fee as we were immediately informed we would be reported. We do not wish any ill will upon this person as they apparently do us by informing others. We are dismayed that such statements were made by a party that has not visited or stayed with us. We trust our future guests that utilize this wonderful site will read the comments of guests that have stayed and experienced Red Crags Estates.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 9 in Manitou Springs

Been to Red Crags Estates? Share your experiences!