“Mine was great!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
indiana
“Mine was great!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'd say not to order the brisket. My son who eats everything, couldn't eat it and wouldn't send it back. Know that if you order the "plate," it is not a sandwich...it's a plate of meat with your sides. The pulled pork was incredible and they have multiple bbq sauces from which to choose.

Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Best "Southern" BBQ in the North”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is TRUE BBQ. I'm from the south, where BBQ competitions are a weekly event and taken VERY seriously. The brisket here was truly smoked and very tender. It rivaled some of the award-winning food I've eaten. Prices are very reasonable.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Born and raised in South Carolina where the BBQ is plentiful and delicious, I had high expectations. I had read the reviews and based on the ratings I decided to try it out. The atmosphere is very average, nothing special. There were not a lot of items on the menu expect the very classic stereotypical BBQ joint items. You place an order before sitting down at the counter. I ordered the brisket plate with cowboy beans and potato salad and the total was around $14. Their Square payment system was giving them some issues so ordering took longer then usual, but not a big deal. Food was ready pretty quickly, as it should have been considering we were the only people in the restaurant. The brisket was average, a little dry, as well as the portion, however the sides were very small. The selection of sauces was okay, nothing really stood out as being "very good". You must walk to the "sauce station" and pour it in little cups every time you want it. I know BBQ comes down to the part of the country you're from and personal preference, but I would save $14 for somewhere else in Manitou and leave this as a last resort.

• Visited July 2014
Philadelphia
“Enjoyable and Yummy”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We liked it here. The BBQ was delicious and what I would expect from a BBQ place. Me and my husband ate out on the bar stools and tables on the sidewalk and really liked eating outside. I had the 6 ribs and he had a BBQ sandwich. We were happy and full.

• Visited July 2014
Lancaster, California
“That's Some Good BBQ!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Pulled pork sandwich was very good. Unfortunately, they ran out of brisket and ribs. :( Was really hoping to give the brisket a try. Ah well.