“Wonderful!”

Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2010

A charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Manitou Springs. Gwen was a great hostess, making you feel welcome from the moment she opened the door. Breakfast was wonderful - don't plan on eating lunch! You felt truly at home whether you were sitting at the breakfast table enjoying the meal, or having a glass of wine on the welcoming front porch. The location is perfect - you are a walk to anyplace in town. Definately a do again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2010

My husband and our two boys, 12 & 16, stayed at the Avenue Hotel B&B for 2 nights. We were so glad we picked this B&B. We felt welcomed from the moment we arrived. Gwenn and Randy were awesome and Gwenn makes the best food! We stayed in the Carriage House and it was a perfect home-away-from-home for us. Even our picky teenagers loved it. This is the only place my husband and I will stay at if we're in the Pikes Peak area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2010

What first impressed me about the Inn, was Gwen, the Inn Keeper and her warm, friendly voice on the phone when I made a reservation. Among the only B & B in Manitou Springs that allows travelers the option of one night stay, Gwen is extremely accommodating and thoughtful in terms of caring about people. She made a special breakfast for me due to diet considerations, and (because we enjoyed it so much we stayed a 2nd night) she incorporated my diet concerns into the house breakfast the following morning. She is delightful, the house is gorgeous, and there is even a hot tub for guests to enjoy. I'm moving to Manitou and will likely stay with Gwen again for a few days while I'm finalizing my living arrangements.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We enjoyed three delightful nights at Avenue Hotel B&B and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone visiting the Colorado/Manitou Springs area. It is ideally located within easy walking distance of the historic Manitou Springs shopping and restaurants and convenient to many attractions including Garden of the Gods and the Cog Railway. The hosts -- Gwenn and Randy are incredibly friendly, helpful and hospitable. Their cozy home is decorated with beautiful and ornate antiques and dazzling stained glass windows. In addition to the humans there are two resident dogs and one cat who are all adorable and overly-affectionate. We immediately felt right at home in our pleasant surroundings. Breakfasts were OUTSTANDING and special diets are accommodated. Depending on the weather, we were either seated at the dining room table or front porch, and we thoroughly enjoyed the scrumptious home cooking while visiting with the other guests. Also available were home-made cookies and various snacks and drinks. Our room had a flat screen TV and we chose a couple movies to watch from their video library. There is a computer with Internet access and a selection of board games if desired. Be advised, there are lots of stairs to enter and exit as well as inside.
We have traveled the world and always stay at B&B's wherever we go. Take it from us, Avenue Hotel B&B is right up there with the best of them. They get a BIG thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dohtravel
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband and I spent 2 wonderful nights at the Avenue Hotel. All the charm of a B&B and hospitality you won't find anywhere else. In walking distance of the charmning downtown area which is full shopping and restaurants. You won't find a better place in Manitou Springs, CO!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessGoldenHair
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Great Historical Feel - Modern Conveniences - Friendly & Helpful Inn Keepers - Great Breakfasts! - Within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and history - Clean and comfortable beds and rooms

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I just had the most wonderful experience at the Avenue Hotel B&B in Manitou Springs, Colorado. It definitely exceeded my expectations! Every room was very clean and well decorated and the food was wonderful. We had both rooms of the Manitou Suite - with such comfortable beds that I didn't want to leave. The Innkeeper, Gwenn was so friendly and accomodating that I felt like I was visiting a relative - but I was taken care of so much better. All the amenities that anyone could want were right at hand - from a great selection of DVD's and games to the never ending supply of freshly baked cookies. And I loved the lotion and soap from the local supplier. Being served breakfast on the beautiful china added an elegant touch to the already decadent breakfast. If Gwenn decided to open a restaurant, I'd be the first in line.
The Avenue B&B is located in the perfect spot for wandering through Manitou Springs on foot. Parking would have been a huge hassle. The Inn has parking right outside the back door so we left our car there while exploring the town.
I can't wait to go back - and next time I will have to try out the beautiful hot tub.
Thank you Gwenn for making my first B&B experience so wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bonni R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!