“I'm sorry”

Red Wing Motel
Iowa
“I'm sorry”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I wrote great reviews on this place a few years ago (2008). The last time we stayed there it had slipped big-time. When Jennifer left it totally changed. Sad to see it go down the toilet so quickly.
I wonder if it is still open?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Travelocity booked a room for me on 9/26, I arrived on 9/29 and found a sign on the door that they had closed for remodeling on 9/13/12. Best that Travelocity could do for me was assure me that they wouldn't charge me for the room I didn't get - and that was after 25 minutes of hold... Place looked like it needed a remodel, but no evidence of any work started yet. A few long term residents were still on site, and in the process of moving out by the end of the month. Looked like a lot of long term rentals.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chuck K

Travelers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

Tucson
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The pictures on the website are very misleading. The lobby was cluttered with paper and old furniture. The room was dirty and smelled bad. Several of the rooms didn't even have door knobs.The pool was empty. We checked in and checked right back out again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CarolineTucson
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for about 3 hours until we overheard people talking about bed bugs. We went in the room and looked at the 50 year old mattress and saw bed bugs crawling everywhere. This place is a rip off! Poor management and nasty rooms...we ended up staying at the days inn around the corner which is a little more expensive, but well worth it.

6 Thank Blairsy H
Republic, Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had reservations for a 10 day stay to visit family. The room was spacious, but had no soap, ran out of toilet paper in 2 days, went to office 2 different days to get some, was told that someone was 'out getting some now'. I finally bought my own. No maid service, requested a change of towels, never happened. Smoke alarm went off for no reason. I had brought my own power strip and extension cord, which was fortunate because there was one outlet, already in use by lamp and clock. I really wanted to like it there, but with the long term residents, who seemed more like homeless people than anything, I just couldn't. Parking was very limited.

2 Thank sandri n
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

....because of the high ratings for this motel. Stayed 4 nights on a getaway trip with friends. Stayed in 2 different rooms, both in bad need of remodeling, especially the bathrooms. Carpets were stained; no shampoo; no maid service; had to ask for fresh towels; seedy characters actually LIVING there as though it was an apartment complex; guys wandering around with beer cans and smoking cigarettes; first night we were there, police were called to talk to an unruly tenant. Smoke from a resident in room below us wafted up into our room, and we had to turn up the air conditioning and open the bathroom window to get it blown out. We will never stay here again. One positive: staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank thegoodlife0909
Butternut, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here last night b/c of so many positive reviews. Think they were rigged. No soap, no shampoo, and definitely no continental breakfast. The place is ancient and underwired--it could not handle a hair dryer, curling iron, and air conditioner being on at same time. It could not handle the tv and air being on at same time. The breakers were tripped three times and the solution was too reduce our use. Thank God I did not have my computer plugged in, etc. The shower had a bare tricklet of water coming out. Their parking is minimal. Upholstered furniture is outside doors waiting to be hauled away it looks like--very junky looking. The drapes and bed covering had holes. The sheet did not fit tightly on bed.... I could go on and on and I can't believe that we paid $71. Got ripped off. The woman that checked us in afternoon was not helpful when we asked where the cog railway line was--our impression was that we had interrupted her while playing a game on computer. No customer skills at all. It was hot and the pool did not have water in it--wonder if it will later.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Rooms are so tiny that the two of us were doing a balancing act.