“Good Family Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Town-N-Country Cottages
Valencia, CA
“Good Family Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stayed here on a family vacation to colorado. We got a room that had 2 bedrooms and a living room with a bed and a pullout couch. This was good because we had my adult brother, mom and dad and my family with two children. The room was old and definitely needed work but we were right on a little creek with a rope swing that my kids played on nonstop. There was a really nice dog running around the property and the current owners were thrid generation owners. The pool was well heated. We even saw deer. Decent place but if you are looking for luxury this is not.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank NorthparkFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Benton City, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

We had planned on camping, but the weather turned, so we found this place via one of our travel books. It's very close to Garden of the Gods, so we were able to take a great hike there. When we first arrived, we were pleased that it's a little off the beaten path. The cottages are a very cute adobe style. We had a 1-bedroom, which also included a living room, 2 tvs, kitchen, dining area and porch. The furnishings were pretty dated, and the cottage could've been cleaner. It felt a little like staying at Grandma's house. I went to pull a blanket out of a chest in the bedroom, and was greeted with the sight of a few small, crusty dead bugs next to it. And the bench in the dining room had a fair amount of crumbs and other debris on it. After that, I didn't look too close at anything. But I frankly was taken by the charm of the place. I was pleased to have a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out, although the owners require you to wash and put away all the dishes you use, and post a tacky sign next to the sink saying so. A bear apparently got into the dumpster about 15 feet from our cottage that night, so we were up fairly late listening for it to return - it did. That was a little strange, but I guess it's to be expected in bear country. Overall, it was an adventure. We paid about $100 for the night.

• Liked — The cuteness and uniqueness of the cottages.
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MVPgirl
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

We have just returned from our road trip to CO. This was our first trip out of state with our girls (3 and 7). Town-N-Country Cottages was more than we could have asked for. The owners, Cheryl and Scott, were absolutely the best. They were friendly and very helpful with getting us around town. The property is centrally located, being very close to Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Cave of the Winds, etc. The Cottages were adorable and the property felt like you were out in the country.
The girls loved the heated pool and the rope swing by the creek If we ever go back to CO, we will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank JMMom1
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is our secret little getaway! We live in the Metro Denver area, so Manitou Springs is just a little over an hour away. We normally come here for our anniversary (right after Labor Day) and this time came down for my birthday.

The owners are helpful and friendly (as are their pets that come to greet you) and the cottages are quiet and clean. The decor and the outdoor furniture are definitely "retro" but not old...it brings back a feeling of a simpler time from my childhood...and that's one of the charms. They have been remodeling as well.

We like to get a cottage with a kitchen, so we can make our own meals and take some much-needed "together" time to play board games or cards. The cottages without a full kitchen have microwaves and small fridges, so you can still bring along food.

Manitou is just a nice quiet town and Town-n-Country feels like a little oasis in the woods. It's our own little "secret getaway" that you now know about!

• Liked — Location and Secluded Country feeling
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Erie, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

Last spring we wanted to visit our son in Colorado Springs and all the hotel options seemed to be cookie cutter chains. He suggested we tr;y Manitou and we're really glad we did. The cottages reminded me of a motel from the sixties. I mean this in the best possible way. These cottages have been owned by three generations of the same family since the 1930's. They have been lovingly cared for and were the perfect spot for us. A stream was right outside our door and the family dog greeted us. The grounds would be an ideal location for a family reunion. I was really pleased with our stay.

• Liked — It reminded me of places I stayed when I was a child.
  • Disliked — There is a blind curve when you enter the property.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2008

Our family including two young children stayed here in the summer of 2007. The property is centrally located, being very close to Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and the shops and restaurants in Manitou Springs. The cottage we stayed in was clean and well-furnished. The proprietors were polite and helpful. Our children thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pool, game room, and the rope swing over the creek that runs through the property. One child did not even want to leave the property to see the surrounding sights. The price of our cottage was very reasonable given what the property had to offer. I heartily recommend Town and Country Cottages.

• Liked — the amenities for young children
  • Disliked — I really can't think of anything we didn't like
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasInkling
Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

Great cottages set in big old trees with nearby water. Just off the main road, feels like your out in the country. Staff was great, they even turned the light on for me when I was arriving late.
I will stay here again, I've programmed the number in my speed dial

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,832 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Town-N-Country Cottages? Share your experiences!