“We can't believe they're still in business!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant

Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant
You added Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant to your Saves list
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Colorado
“We can't believe they're still in business!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

First of all, there were only two people working the entire restaurant (acting as hosts, servers, and bartenders). This meant waiting a long time to be seated (even though the place was dead), waiting a long time for them to take our order and bring drinks, etc.

The menu at first glance looked reasonably priced, except for drinks. We didn't order alcohol. We ordered sodas (that tasted REALLY flat), and the kids had water and chocolate milk. The milk was a whopping $2.25! They never refilled our drinks.

My husband and I both ordered seafood. It was by far the most bland dinner we've ever had. Everything on my plate tasted like it was frozen food heated up. The kids had corndogs and fries, and their meals actually tasted better than ours.

We ordered an appetizer, which never came; the waitress forgot to put the order in. Probably for the best, because I'm sure it also would have been bland and not worth the $8.95 we would have paid for it. She was very apologetic and nice about it, and did give us a piece of chocolate cake to go because of her mistake. (Although we threw out the cake because it didn't taste good.)

The only reason we tried this place was because we had a ---------- coupon. It made it sound like a neat pirate-themed place, so we thought they'd actually be dressed and act like pirates. It was silly and a complete waste of time and money. I wouldn't go back even if we had a 90% discount!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank evsmom1

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

The service was almost nonexistant. For a table of 4 they gave us 2 rolls and the kids didn't get drinks. The food was awful. The best meal at our table was the kids corn dog. The steak had so much pepper on it that is was almost uneatable. The snitzel was so salty you had to have a glass of water for one bite. Definitely will not be going back.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Tara P

Travelers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

Manitou Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I have been to a lot of hotel/ restaurants and this by far had the nicest atmosphere, friendliest staff, and great food that I have had in a long time. I personally stay in hotels, due to the nature of my business, about 42 weeks a year. I travel all over the country and stay in a lot of different places. I can't believe people would give this place a bad rating.. A lot of great acts have appeared at " The Castaways " over the years and there is a reason for it. It is a very nice place for a weekend getaway. Very quiet and a friendly town. I give this place a A++++ and an overall rating of 95 0/0. Good job Mike and Davey !!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here. Enjoy the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is our second time at this hotel and the people are as great as the first time we stayed here! The rooms are very nice and extreemly clean and the restaurant on site still as tasty as we remembered! We have so much fun with the Pirate atmosphere. If you do not have fun at this restaurant, it's probably your fault.
Service and food great! We love it here and will return again soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This restaurant was a little cheesy but in a good way. The staff was VERY friendly and the food was great. I had read some bad reviews but we went anyways and i am SO glad we did!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Idiots in pirate suits were waiters and they totally SUCKED! Ordered a steak for $35 and it was overcooked, asked for A1 steak sauce so I could at least add a little tang to the DRY steak , but idiot pirate waiter refused to give it to me.After That,I litteraly LEFT the restaraunt and went to the hotel lobby to check-in. Counter Person at the Rodeway Inn at Castaways was a gurk off! Refused to give me 2 room keys. FINALLY gave me 2 after30min. Then,when we went to our room and Thought it was nice until we went to bed. Beds were nice, but old refrigatror was noisy and kept me up ALL night! Went to the lobby and asked the clerk if we could go to another room, but they refused and said it wouldn't be any better in another room. LEFT and went to a CLEAN Days Inn across the street. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank Steven467
Dryden, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband and I ate dinner at Castaways recently on a Saturday evening in July. Not many people in the place. We were tired and just wanted to walk next door since we also stayed at the Rodeway Inn. My Chicken Cesar Salad came in a huge bowl with a lot of chicken. Was excellent. My husband had ribs. He was pleased with his meal. The waitress recommended a Riesling wine that was not on the menu. It was excellent. Only problem was she did not know the make of the wine which means I can't purchase it again. Service was fast and pleasant.
Our portions were large and filling. The price came to a standard amount including the drinks. I would go there ago and stay at Rodeway Inn. We had no complaints at all. How can we have such a good meal and others did not? This is a cute place in a good location. This place could be a gold mine if EVERYONE had a great meal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn Manitou Springs
Comfort Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 12 in Manitou Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 365 reviews

Been to Castaways Inn, Suites, & Restaurant? Share your experiences!