“Nice Victorian castle”

Miramont Castle Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Construction of Miramont Castle began in 1895 as a private residence for Fr. Jean Baptiste Francolon and his mother. Miramont has four floors,The Castle has 30 rooms to view covering 14,000 sq. feet. The building features 9 styles of architecture. Enjoy an elegant High Tea in the Queen's Parlour Tea Room.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a wonderful view this castle has of Pikes Peak and the mountains. I could see how beautiful it was in its heyday. It is almost like at any second, someone would be coming back into the room, it is so well preserved.
The rooms are light, bright and airy and full of well preserved furniture and articles of the inhabitants. It also has some excellent fire memorabilia and Smokey the Bear items. I really enjoyed the old kitchen with stove, ironing board and cans of old time items that would have been in a kitchen of that day. The top floor has some very beautiful dolls and toys to see.
The castle has an elevator for those with bad knees and wheelchairs, but you can't go to all the floors that way, (but you'll see a lot).
There was also a tea room and I found out that my cousin worked there when she lived in the area. If I would have known that before, I probably would eaten a sandwich or dessert and had tea.
Manitou Springs is a great place to visit and I think you will like this place, I know, I did.

1  Thank SantaFeDiva

Reviewed January 9, 2014

You feel like you have stepped back in time as soon as you enter the awesome historic building. Everything was authentic and took you back 100 years!! The only drawback is if you have legs or knee problems, there are stairs. A definite go to place again.

1  Thank Christhenurse54
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This building has such a fascinating history that I had to try it out for a second time. Many new displays have been added since I was there last, AND it was a delight to see it decorated for the Christmas holidays! It is definitely worth a look whenever you are in Manitou Springs!

1  Thank Bonnie1225
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Beautiful old building with fascinating history. Well worth the reasonable admission fee and time. You're able to take a self guided tour and take your time discovering Manitou Springs history. Although we didn't visit the tea room, the wonderful smells coming from there made me wish that we had.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I liked everything about this place! The beauty , the history, the staff. It's a very special place to visit! Don't be surprised if your camera acts goofy and the batteries drain all of the sudden ;-) We had several un explained things that happened to us on the tour. We did a self guided tour which is even nicer, you can go at your own pace. Of all the places I have visited in the Manitou Area, this is by far my favorite. There wasn't one thing i disliked. The review preview keeps asking me to say more but I don't want to spoil it. Do use the bathrooms at the entrance just so you can see how quirky they are, I can not wait to go back for Tea.Make sure you go to the gift store also.

1  Thank LeAnna B