“Similar to the incline on Oahu, HI”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you want a great workout, burning thighs, and fresh air, then this is the place for you. Depending on your age and your tolerance to high-altitude, temper your walk up and down. I prefer to wear hiking boots with ankle support, but others use running shoes. I recommend a hat and a scarf to keep the sun off of your neck and always wear sunblock, the sun here can really hurt.

There are newer reviews for Manitou Springs Incline

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Incline is a giant staircase, climbing almost straight up the side of a mountain for about 1 mile. The steps can be a little tricky, with some broken water pipes crossing at an angle in some spots, but its worth the effort for the exercise and the views.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I climbed this with my twenty year old daughter; she did it in 30 min, while I took 50. The beginning is gradual and doable but then you start to sweat, a lot! The incline increase as you gain in altitude. There is a break in the steepness about 3/4 up. My Garmin recorded 1.04 mile from first stair to the last. There were people running down, which I would not recommend and it made it hard for the uphill climbers to continue their pace. We ran down the Barr Trail; which is slick at the top but is a gentle downhill the rest of the way. My Garmin quit at 2.8 miles, but we were at the last turn before reaching the bottom of the stairs. We found parking on the road. It uses a pay machine, choose your estimated hours and then it will text you when time is almost up if you want to add more(since you may still be on your way up!). I am afraid of heights so I did not look back down until I was on level ground at the top. The railroad ties and dirt are wide and not too narrow. There are several drainage pipes and tubes to climb over! But they keep the climb interesting and not monotonous. Great diverse hike with a unique climb!

3  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have fallen in love with this little town and its people. This beautiful little town has also been rated the 7th most hippest (hippies) town in America! I will be visiting there more and more as one day is just not enough!

2  Thank BarbieAndKen143
Reviewed August 12, 2013

You can't get a better workout than going up the incline to the topm and then running down the Bar Camp Trail.