“A beautiful location with OK food.”
Review of Craftwood Inn

Craftwood Inn
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair
Reviewed December 21, 2012

A wonderful location but, once seated, it was more than a bit noisy. The menu was unique, with wild game taking center stage. Overall my group of four diners was disappointed by the preparation of the dishes, finding sauces necessary to rescue the dry wild meats such as Deer and Antelope. The Bison Short Ribs were well-prepared but were underwhelming, especially when served with an under-cooked slice of Sweet Potato combined with sticky marshmallow.

There are newer reviews for Craftwood Inn

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a unique dining experience. We recently dinned with friends and I thought that the appetizers were really skimpy . We ordered the large sizes for our group and I was really astonished how small they were for our group. The food was OK but this restaurant would not get on my "A go to" list of restaurants. Considering that this place has gone through a number of chefs in recent years they really need to put more food on a plate! Let me qualify my remarks by saying that I am NOT one that requires more than a few 2-3 oz. of meat to be satisfied. They really should provide more gluten free options. There were three of us in our group. I left hungry.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Lot's of wild game and very different appetizers and desserts. Tried the Bison short ribs and very good. Nice atmosphere and Manitou Springs is a cute town to visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of dining at the Craftwood Inn in Manitou Springs, and it was great! The location is rustic and picturesque, and the views are amazing. The food is unique as well, they feature an abundance of Colorado wild game. Not your typical fare! However, they offer other menu selections as well, all expertly prepared and seasoned. Not a complaint here!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Cooperation and agreement is key here with the staff. We had the best time ever and the most delicious food and the staff was really cool and polite.