“Cozy romantic dining and great presentation”
Review of Craftwood Inn

Craftwood Inn
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Cant beat the bisque and presentation of all the plates are very classy. Staff is warm and pleasant maintaing the cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I had dinner. The appetizer,venison sausage stuffed mushrooms in phyllo, was wonderful. My Roasted Green Chile Caesar salad was the worst: wilted llettuce (not romaine), soggy crusants, no chesse, no flavor.

My entree, Slow-roasted Pork Trio was not good. Mongolian BBQ Pork Belly, Venison Chorizo Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Laughing Lab BBQ Boar Rib with Warm Potato Salad and Jicama
Slaw. The portions were about two bites each. The tenderloin was dry. This entree did not deliver.

My wife's entree,Sage-Rubbed Colorado Beef Tenderloin, was outstanding!

The dessert was superb:House-Made Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Graham Cookie Tuille,
Vanilla Anglaise,Meringue.

We will return, because it's so nice. The chef is new, so the entrees should change. Don't mess with Caesar Salad. Make it the way it's suppose to be made - and with fresh, romaine lettuce.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Restaurant is in a nice location , it is a uptown place and will suggest for taking your date since you spend more time and food will be served in a slow fashion and the food will be served in style. now Reg price, the menu is different, i.e you find things which you wont find in other restaurants so i guess we have to pay some extra for the menu, ambience and the way it is served, it is a must try place for the people who like to try different meats, if your not a person who would like try some new food then this is not the restaurant for you, they also have a huge collection of wine list and dessert. i tried 4 course meal, my suggestion would be don't try not value for money, instead select the soup and desert you like, it is still the same price. average price for 3 course meal would be 50 USD per person.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I dined here on August 25. We started off with the trio appetizer and it was very bland. For entrees, I had the elk 'medallions'. Usually when i think of medallions, I assume I am getting tenderloin. Uh, no. They turned out to be medallions from the leg, and judging from how tough they were, I would say it was the leg of an old bull. Anyway, it was cooked perfectly and tasted great, but it was a chore to eat. My wife had one of the specials, which was marlin. It was dry and overcooked, but did taste okay. The best part of the whole evening was they had half price wine, so it made it relatively affordable to get a bottle of wine. Now, maybe they always have " 1/2 price wine ", I dont know, but atleast I had atleast one thing to feel good about. We left here very disappointed.

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed September 16, 2012

What a lovely dinner we had! The bison stew was plentiful & meat tender. Dinner entrees were served with style & plated beautifully. Specialty of ostrich was cooked to perfection & the Kobe beef melts in the mouth. For dessert, try the unusual-----white chocolate mousse with jalapeno---not too hot, but both flavors are so distinct!! Very attentive waiters. Beautiful experience.