“different and expensive”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Restaurant is in a nice location , it is a uptown place and will suggest for taking your date since you spend more time and food will be served in a slow fashion and the food will be served in style. now Reg price, the menu is different, i.e you find things which you wont find in other restaurants so i guess we have to pay some extra for the menu, ambience and the way it is served, it is a must try place for the people who like to try different meats, if your not a person who would like try some new food then this is not the restaurant for you, they also have a huge collection of wine list and dessert. i tried 4 course meal, my suggestion would be don't try not value for money, instead select the soup and desert you like, it is still the same price. average price for 3 course meal would be 50 USD per person.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I dined here on August 25. We started off with the trio appetizer and it was very bland. For entrees, I had the elk 'medallions'. Usually when i think of medallions, I assume I am getting tenderloin. Uh, no. They turned out to be medallions from the leg, and judging from how tough they were, I would say it was the leg of an old bull. Anyway, it was cooked perfectly and tasted great, but it was a chore to eat. My wife had one of the specials, which was marlin. It was dry and overcooked, but did taste okay. The best part of the whole evening was they had half price wine, so it made it relatively affordable to get a bottle of wine. Now, maybe they always have " 1/2 price wine ", I dont know, but atleast I had atleast one thing to feel good about. We left here very disappointed.

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed September 16, 2012

What a lovely dinner we had! The bison stew was plentiful & meat tender. Dinner entrees were served with style & plated beautifully. Specialty of ostrich was cooked to perfection & the Kobe beef melts in the mouth. For dessert, try the unusual-----white chocolate mousse with jalapeno---not too hot, but both flavors are so distinct!! Very attentive waiters. Beautiful experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've eaten at craftwood in four previous times over the past 6 years. Each previous experience was favorably memorable. Last night's dining experience was a huge disappointment.

To put it simply, the only food I enjoyed eating was the bread with butter.

The appetizer we selected had pheasant, red deer, and macademia crusted ostrich. The pheasant was fried in a "shake and bake" seasoning was served lukewarm. Had it been served at a more appropriate temperature, I'm sure it would have tasted better. The red deer was tough and lack flavor. The ostrich, a previous favorite of ours, was overcooked and had the texture of shoe leather.

Unfortunately, we had ordered our entrees at the same time as our appetizer and ddn't wish to change our minds. I chose the ostrich and my wife chose the red elk. The ostrich was less overcooked than the appetizer but lacked any flavor. It took about 10 minutes for a waiter to come by after serving the entree and I begged for some salt to disguise the bland and greasy flavor of the ostrich. My wife, who is not a wine drinker, forced herself to eat her red deer with the help of generous portions of red wine to help down the otherwise old shoe leather passed off as red deer.

Craftwood Inn: WHAT HAPPENED? Your ostrich used to be so tender it'd melt in your mouth. Your deer used to be so tender and perfectly cooked.

I wish I had checked the reviews before I had dined there. Next for my wife's birthday, I think I'll take her to Golden Corral. Their meats are better tasting and better quality......

1  Thank donuts31
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Craftwood used to have wonderful, unique food that kept us coming back year after year. This time we visited in September and were very disappointed. The service was fine, although the waiter wasn't sure of things he should have known if indeed he did work their the two years he claimed. The biggest disappointment was the food. The pork ribs were so tough they were inedible and the pork belly was a raw, gelatinous mass. When we sent it back, they sent out a new dish with the same problems only this time the ribs were cold and tough. Needless to say, the Craftwood went from our favorite restaurant to one we will never visit again.