“Sorry - this local doesn't get it!”

Adam's Mountain Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2007

I'm a local who has been to Adam's a few times for breakfast. I am not a picky eater, but I just don't get the appeal of this place at all.... and $60.00 for 4 people for breakfast? The food was mediocre at best and the waitress we had was rude.

4  Thank gnostigirl

Reviewed March 4, 2007

The reviews are dead on - this place rules!

Members of my party sampled breakfast and lunch entrees and all were amazing, wholesome, fresh and tasty. As a vegetarian who often wishes others would/could follow suit, I wish there were more places like this everywhere with scrumptious meatless foods. But don't worry carnivores, there were fish and turkey (I believe) dishes on the menu too.

Do youself a favor and visit to see for yourself. I'll be returning on my next trip probably more than once.

4  Thank Wanderlusty
Reviewed September 12, 2006

I agree with all the other reviewers raving about Adam's. The food as has been stated, is superb; but also the atmosphere is also great. My husband, daughter and I went on one of the evenings when they have live music. Very mellow and relaxing. We ate our meal and didn't want to leave. Had it not been for consideration of others waiting we would've stayed all evening. This was by far the best restaurant during our week long vacation in Colorado and the prices are reasonable to boot.

4  Thank yvonneh
Reviewed August 30, 2006

My husband and I were visiting Manitou Springs and asked our motel desk for a suggestion. Adam's was her first recommendation, noting that it was not exactly vegetarian, but they did not serve any red meat. That sounded fine to us, but circumstances kept us from getting there on Sat. night. When we got there on Sun. night we found they are closed for dinner on Sun. and Mon. night, but served breakfast and lunch 7 days. After previewing their menu we planned to return for Monday lunch. I had the house smoked salmon flaked in a vermouth cream sauce with dill, over pasta. Rich, tasty and the best meal of my whole vacation. My husband had the Mediteranian orza salad with all kinds of veggies, olives and crumbled feta cheese-a dish our vegetarian daughter would have loved just as much as he did. Go, take your appetite and enjoy.

3  Thank grandeb
Reviewed October 5, 2005

Adam's Mountain Cafe serves some of the best food I've ever had in my life. The breakfasts are tasty, the sandwiches are unique, but the veggie burger is simply amazing. Even my non-vegetarian friends who like nothing more than a juicy beef burger have nothing but superlatives for the veggie burger. The orange spice iced tea is very good, too. The atmosphere is cozy and the waitstaff is knowledgeable and friendly. Adam's can be very busy on weekends, but it is worth the wait.

2  Thank Tiabla