“Fabulous Food!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Food was amazing! Their spice tea was soo sooo sooo good, the only thing I would suggest would be to weaken it a bit when brewing. It was the most tasteful tea I have ever had but it was brewed just a tad to strong.
Waitress was a little clueless trying to exlain to me that the oils are already on the leaves when they brew, and that it always comes out strong and there is no other way to brew..

Maybe she doesn't cook much?? easily corrected by brewing less with the same amount of water. She just didn't get it....

She did however provide excellent service!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had it not been that the 35 minute wait was 55 minutes, the service was slow, the food was cold, and they were out of potatoes by 11:00 on Sunday morning, we might have enjoyed the meal. When we arrived on a sunny Sunday at 10:30, they were not seating on the creek side patio. By the time our name was called 55 minutes later, that's where we were seated. It took another 30 minutes to get our cold Harvest Crepe. Oh, how I would have loved for it to be even mildly warm! The coffee was good, although our waitress didn't come 'round to refill. Maybe you'll have better luck.

3  Thank LuxuryLinens
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went to Adam's based on a number of reviews and the high rating. We arrived just before 5:30 and there were only a few tables there. The service was slow from the start and we were concerned that it took so long for the server to take and bring our drink order with so few tables. There is a sign on the table that warns guests that the food takes a long time because "everything is made from scratch"(NOTE: This should be a red flag at any restaurant and when you see, you should leave!). Having seen this, we all decided to order a cup of soup as a starter as that is something that doesn't need to be prepared per order and we were all quite hungry. We waited over 30 minutes for 5 cups of soup (after I got up and complained to the manager)! We had asked them to bring bread or rolls while we were waiting and were told that they would have to charge us for that. We agreed but the bread never came. When the meals finally arrived, 2 people wouldn't eat more than a couple of bites as the dishes they had were not very good (the Pasta Gremolatta was VERY bland, as was the lasagna-- mind you, we were all VERY hungry too). I had the Sengelese Vegetable dish with chicken which was good and the 2 others had the San Luis Striped Bass which was less than impressive. The water was not refilled at the table once without us flagging someone down. The manager never came over to apologize and the server stated that the soup would be removed from our bill since we had to wait so long. I get the feeling they think more highly of the quality of their food than it really is. It is ok but certainly not worth that kind of wait

I usually trust when I read reviews on TripAdivsor but I really feel there is a BIG disconnect between the reviews and reality of this place.

2  Thank TravelingSingleMom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband found this cafe on Yelp and it was a really wonderful surprise! We were seated right away and treated to two completely delicious vegetarian meals, a good collection of local beer, spiced orange iced tea, and a really funny, delightful waitress. Couldn't have asked for more! The location right by the creek was nice too.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Adam's is conveniently located downtown, overlooking Fountain Creek. We were there in September 2013, not long after they reopened following flash floods. This affected the environment, (no outdoor seating, part of the dining room was closed.) The menu appeared to be the standard menu. Service was pleasant and attentive.

The food was healthy chicken, fish and vegetarian dishes. Many had a middle eastern flavor. My husband has the posole, and I had a fish special, both tasty, but not "wow" for the price. The wine list was good, and featured organic wineries. Red meat isn't on the menu.

1  Thank Sondra G