“Yum Yum - but it might be best to make reservations”

Adam's Mountain Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We came here based on other Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We arrived close to 7 on a Saturday & had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. There appeared to be a lot of large parties so it is recommended to call for a reservation, but if you just show up like we did, you'll find it is worth the wait. The menu is small, the ingredients are very fresh, and the dishes are creative and original with a mix of very inventive flavors & spices. We had chickpea latkes, a grilled watermelon salad, chicken charmoula and the apple pecan crisp.Almost everything was delicious with 2 exceptions: the "cream" on top of the apple crisp had a bitter aftertaste that we scraped off, & the dinner roll tasted day old & store bought - surprising considering old home made & delicious everything else was. The restaurant is quaint & decorated with antiques. There does not appear to be a dress code. The wait staff was extremely good. I will definitely be back when I return to the Colorado Springs area.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The ambience and decor are inviting, but after that, I was sorely disappointed. I don't consider myself a snob, but the fact that my Cabernet Sauvignon was served in a smaller size goblet was not a good sign. The Cab was quite good and deserved to be served in a large wine glass with a wide rim. I ordered the Senegalese Vegetables with chicken. Unfortunately, the dish was swimming in peanut sauce, which totally overpowered the other ingredients. Lastly, our server disappeared after our entrees were served. I had to ask the hostess for our check. Maybe it was an off night, but I can't recommend this place.

1  Thank goldenskaya
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife can live without meat. I'm a carnivore. I ordered a burger but didn't read the fine print. My wife had the veggie lasagna which was very good. Great restaurant for a vegan. Service was good. It's a fun location in a fun little town. The food was fresh and original. Not for everybody, check the menu before you visit. Great atmosphere and change of pace.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a great lunch here, after traipsing around Maniiitou Springs. I had a grilled watermelon salad with grilled chicken on top, my husband had curry latkes with a salad, everything was delicious. We had a window seat so we could look at the interesting buildings and people-watch. Helpful staff. Clean. Located in a historic building. We'd go back.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food here was amazingly good. Everything is made from square one right when you order it. Omelet and cinnamon roll was insanely good. Even the coffee made me want to cry with happiness. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant for a delicious meal, excellent service, and a great view of the historic town.

1  Thank Renaboo