“What a shame”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“What a shame”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I think this restaraunt had so much potential! It is something different, something unique. The atmosphere of sitting on the floor, eating with your fingers, it's such an experience. It could be so great! How dissapointing it was and it all has to do with the owner of the establishment. We purchased a groupon, $25 for 2 for a 6 course meal! What an amazing price! The restaurant is a little pricey (which goes hand in hand with the experience) so I thought this was a great deal! Well at the end of the night the owner wouldn't honor what the groupon said. He charged us extra and it ended up being about the same as if we hadn't even had the groupon ($65). There were a lot of couples there that were having the same problem, showing him their groupon and we were all upset. I ordered a glass of wine and noticed there were floating things in it. I assumed it was some bits of the cork. I took and sip and when I looked closer it was FULL of bugs! I told my server and she took the wine back. The owner came back out and served me a sip of wine at the table. Unapologetically he asked if I "liked this wine better". He didn't even apologize or acknowledge what had just happened. And there was NO discount. In fact he added a larger tip to our table (that was supposed to only be for parties of 6 or more). I glanced over at another table and she also had bugs in her wine. So this happened to more people than just me. He should not be a business owner and was so concerned and stingy about money it was not an enjoyable experience. There are so many other restaurants in this area that are so much better for a better price. AND I would rather go to a restaurant that serves clean food....I have serious doubts about the cleanliness and freshness of the food that they serve. I wouldn't be suprised if it was someone else's old wine they just saved or left the bottle uncorked. I never leave bad reviews for a place and I try and be positive but I want to warn people, I don't think this is a good restaurant. Please choose somewhere else to eat!

• Visited August 2012

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Love Middle-Eastern Food?”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A nice little cafe in the heart of Manitou Springs - delicious Eastern food, friendly staff. Not luxurious but beautiful Turkish lamps in the cafe. Quick service, the food was generous and tasty.

Visited July 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A great Moroccan Experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I have lived in Colorado Springs for over 5 years and had never managed to find this place. We are happy we finally did! Not only did we have a tasty meal, but the experience of sitting on cushions, eating with hands, and some of the other authentic touches made for a great and unique dining experience. We certainly intend to be back, next time with friends as seems like it would be a great group event location. Additionally, they do have belly dancers, we were there too early for them to be performing, but will definitely want to go when that is an option.

• Visited April 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great food and good atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Loved this place, the food was all fun and delicious. The atmosphere was great, loved taking your shoes off and relaxing on pillows. I really liked the different spices and fresh bread, I had the scallops and they were great !! it was worth the money !!! The staff was friendly and fast.

• Visited February 2012
andy327
“Tons of fun, lots of food for your money.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is definately a fun outing to take your out-of-town friends to. You do indeed take your shoes off and sit on pillows on the floor. The whole dinner is a semi-scripted multi-course expierience. You get alot of food for your money- at about 30 bucks a person, you feel like you got a bargain. This would make an ok date night event, but even better with 2-4 friends.

Visited February 2012