“A great Moroccan Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tajine Alami
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A great Moroccan Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I have lived in Colorado Springs for over 5 years and had never managed to find this place. We are happy we finally did! Not only did we have a tasty meal, but the experience of sitting on cushions, eating with hands, and some of the other authentic touches made for a great and unique dining experience. We certainly intend to be back, next time with friends as seems like it would be a great group event location. Additionally, they do have belly dancers, we were there too early for them to be performing, but will definitely want to go when that is an option.

• Visited April 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great food and good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Loved this place, the food was all fun and delicious. The atmosphere was great, loved taking your shoes off and relaxing on pillows. I really liked the different spices and fresh bread, I had the scallops and they were great !! it was worth the money !!! The staff was friendly and fast.

• Visited February 2012
andy327
“Tons of fun, lots of food for your money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is definately a fun outing to take your out-of-town friends to. You do indeed take your shoes off and sit on pillows on the floor. The whole dinner is a semi-scripted multi-course expierience. You get alot of food for your money- at about 30 bucks a person, you feel like you got a bargain. This would make an ok date night event, but even better with 2-4 friends.

Visited February 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Overpriced and of low quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

For a set price of either $27 or $32, depending on your choices, found the food to be overpriced and lacking in quality. The menu seems to suggest that some of the main courses are prepared in a Tajine (traditional clay pot) - ordered the spicy chicken specifically for that reason. When my main course came out, the pot was cold and the food was luke warm at best. Sent it back for reheating and it came back the same way. The owner came over to explain that it was cooked in a large pot and then transferred to the small, cold pots for serving. The restaurant is interresting from a decor and experience standpoint, but all of the courses were disappointing in one way or another - soup was so oversalted that I couldn't eat it; middle pastry course so sweet that it was more like a dessert. Best I can say is that the Tabouleh was OK (not great). Will definitely not return.

Visited February 2012
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Worth a visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

This restaurant is very unique and that is what makes it worth a visit. Be prepared for very high prices. $32 per person for a six course meal and $27 for vegetarian. There are only about 5 options with the vegetarian meal, but there are about 30 options for meat. Yes, the six courses are small, but I was very full when we left. The restaurant is decorated VERY beautifully. Be prepared to remove your shoes (wear new socks!!). I would not recommend taking children even though they do have a children's menu. Their wine list is good and wine is only $6.00 per glass, which is amazing considering the prices! My friend got the vegetarian meal with a cooked and spiced to perfection artichoke. There were only a few extra vegis on the plate. It would definitely not fill up a man. Or at least not an American one! I wanted to order the scallops, but they were out. I ordered the salmon instead. It was a bit overcooked and the skin was left on, so if that bothers you, you have to deal with that!! But, the spices made up for the meat issue. The flavor was WONDERFUL! Order the Bastella with the almonds, raisins and pears instead of the chicken and egg one...it was not good. The baklava was wonderful as well. We had the GROUPON deal and did not have to tip 18%. The owner personally took our order and served us some of the courses. We thought the service was mediocre. We got ignored upon arrival and then when we got seated they helped a couple that got there after us prior to serving us. It may have been because they knew we had a GROUPON. The waitress was attentive. We did not feel that the owner deserved 18% so we did not tip that and we had no problem leaving. I think that it would be a shame to miss this experience based on some of these reviews. The key is to take the advice given and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience. Would I got back, probably not. But the only reason is because I am not loaded. If I had the money to eat like this more often, I would!

• Visited December 2011