“Good Pizza”
Review of Savelli's Pizza

Savelli's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Savelli's Pizza, Pasta, Subs was created in 1998 by the Dreher Family. We have over 25 years of experience in the pizza making business. All our pizzas are made with quality cheeses and toppings. Our sauce and dough are handmade, fresh daily. Our pasta sauces are made from authentic Italian recipes. ​We do not cut corners and are proud to make our pizza, pasta, and subs the old fashioned way.
Peru, Illinois, United States
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good pizza at a good price. Nice ambience. The decor could use a little upgrading, however it was an enjoyble evening.

Visited September 2012

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“One of the best Italian Restaurants around”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had dinner here from a recommendation at our hotel. The 2 different pasta choices we had were so good! You could get a 1/2 order or a whole order. We chose the 1/2 & it was plenty for each of us. The dinners came with break sticks - home made. Other tables had the salads which also looked tasty. The prices were so very reasonable, including the wine. Amazing!! May try it again before we leave Manitou Springs.

Jeffersonville, New York, United States
“clean plate club”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stopped in an ordered a medium pie and the 2 of us finished the whole thing. It was yummmy good! Waitress was very friendly and the service was prompt.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nicole M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The food is better than the Service. No reason for me to go back.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am a local and had a bad experience there a few years back and hadn't returned. Recently, I went back and really enjoyed their cheese bread. I have been there three time in the past month of so. That trend has ended!

I gave up eating at Savelli's a few years ago after a poor service issue. Lately I have come back because they had decent cheese bread and are open Sunday evenings. In the past month, I have been in 3 times and walked out a bit irked each time.

The first time I came in and ordered cheesy bread, we thought we must be bothering the waitress by having her take our order. It was obvious she didn't think we were locals. I am pretty sure we were overcharged when our order of cheese bread and one soda (which she wouldn't offer to refill) was over $10. In the end, the waitress brings the food out and sets in on the counter by the cash register, sets it down and says "it will be ready in just a second", and seats the group that just walked in. A minute or two later she comes back and hands me the box and says thanks... Really? Why did I have to wait for that group to be seated first? Rude!

Hey.. everyone has an off night..we let it slide.

The second time was actually better. Maybe they could tell I was ready to ask to see the owner. Maybe it was because some other patrons in the place recognized us and called us by name. In any case, the price was much better and the service was slow but in the end the cheesy bread was fine.

Last night, the service was cranky and rude at best. Slow... oh my gosh... and it must have been "let's save money on cheese night". If this had been my first experience with Savelli's, I would not have bothered to ever come back. The cheese was only in the center of the bread, none anywhere near the sides. It was the smallest order of cheese bread I have ever seen from your establishment, and the waitstaff was at an all time grumpy. Not only did I quietly walk out pretty sure that I would not be coming back, but in the middle of the night I woke up with all the symptoms of staphyloccocal food poisoning.

3 Thank Todays_Customer
Lacey, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food...Great service...Great Place!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was in on Friday with a group of friends for the first time. The food was great and the server Kim made our night perfect. This is a quaint little Italian restaurant that is located right outside the Manitou downtown area. I have been to Manitou a few times before and never even noticed it was there. I am so happy we had our party there and discovered a hidden jem. Savelli's is a neat little place, affordable and friendly. I will surely be going back soon!!

1 Thank William R