“Another Look at Mo's” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Another Look at Mo's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the occasion to have breakfast at Mo's a few days ago with some friends. It was a real disappointment. I have been going there for the last three or four years and had always thought it was one of the best places for breakfast in town. However, this time it was all different, sort of one of those "Twilight Zone" moments when everything looks the same, but it is all different. I mean all the nice older ladies with big hair were gone, and in their place were these new, younger people that I had never seen before. Don't get me wrong, the food was still great, but the "service" had completely disappeared. The three of us sat there talking for nearly 30 minutes before a waitress came over and offered us some coffee and the menus. Now this was pretty weird in itself, because in the past, they pretty much offered you a cup of coffee as you walked to your table. It took another 20 minutes to get the coffee and order our breakfast. It was then another 30 minutes before our breakfast came. And I will say that the breakfast burrito with green chili was just as good as ever. But, there are a lot of great places to have an excellent breakfast in the Colorado Springs area (have you ever heard of a "Country Burrito?"), and I find that the quality of service is almost as important as the quality of the food. I hate to bad mouth Mo's, because I have really liked it for a long time, but something has happened to their service quality, and they need to fix it quick.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Salinas, California
“It's just a diner that serves yummy food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We kept passing by Mo's while visiting in the area. We finally stopped in on the last day of our stay. The diner was clean, very friendly staff. I ordered scrambled eggs with ham and some green chili gravy. I LOVED THE GRAVY. It made the whole breakfast come alive...wonderful favor. I will look forward to going there again next time we are in town. The food was reasonably price also.

• Visited June 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“No one goes to Mo's for the Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Mo's Diner is..., well, it is a diner. No one comes here for the ambiance. Likewise, no one comes here for the wine list, or because they brew ten different kinds of beer. They come here for the food, which is very good and the service, which is generally excellent and fast. Don't bring a credit card, because they only take cash. But if you have a few bucks, then you want to come here some morning, preferably during the week when it is not crowded, and you want to order their Breakfast Burrito smothered in Green Chili Gravy. If you like breakfast burritos and you like green chili gravy, then you just may have found the Holy Grail of both these items. I have probably had over a hundred different breakfast burritos over the last 10 years, and most are not in the same league as Mo's Breakfast Burrito. It is so good, that my mouth is watering just writing about it. Mo's also makes an excellent pancake, and their chicken fried steak is very good, or so I have heard. As for me, I start off with the best of intentions to try something new, and then I sit down in the booth, and the next thing I know, I am ordering the Breakfast Burrito with Green Chili Gravy once again. Life is good.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado
“Green Chili!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped in here for breakfast. Thankfully we had heard about the green chili and it did not disappoint. Everything was adequate. Perfectly edible and yummy, but the chili is certainly worth going back for. The place was clean, the service was friendly and very fast. I'd recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Read the reviews and had to try the breakfast out. We ordered omelet's and asked for a small dish of the green chili sauce. It came out warm and let me tell you the flavor was amazing. We soon asked for a bigger bowl. It was so good the we wound up pouring it all over the omelet(which was very good just by itself). Anytime I am even near this town I would go out of my way for this stuff.