“Very Tasty Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Loop

The Loop
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oviedo, Florida
“Very Tasty Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I went to The Loop for dinner because it was recommended by a local for good Mexican food. There is a large seating area, not fancy but nice. The menu offers a large selection of Mexican dishes and various specialty items.

While reviewing the menu fresh chips and some good but spicy salsa was provided. RC cola products are served. I ordered the Molcajete which came with a salad with either Italian or Ranch dressing. It was a large salad with more than enough dressing, many cherry tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, onion, peppers, etc.

The Molcajete arrived at the table in a stone container unbelievably hot and sizzling. It takes a lot of space on the table but wasn't a problem. It contains chicken, pork and beef strips, pearl onions, jalapeños, grilled Nopal cactus, green peppers and a large slice of cheese all smothered in a nice spicy sauce with flour tortillas on the side.

The Molcajete was very good; I really enjoyed it and would recommend it and definitely get it again. This was my first time trying the Nopal cactus and it was surprising good, similar to asparagus. This is definitely a big meal so be hungry.

F.Y.I. If you go during a popular time of the day parking can be a challenge. Street parking is free after 8:00 p.m.

• Visited August 2014

Woodbury, Minnesota
“What a find!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great Mexican food in downtown Manitou Springs, Co. We were referred to this restaurant by a local boutique owner in downtown Manitou springs. Super authentic Mexican food. Great service and friendly waitress staff. Our waitress gave us suggestions on from the menu of her favorites. We tried the cast-iron pot of boiling meats, cheese, and spicy sauce with a real cactus leaf as a garnish (sorry, don't remember the name of the dish) and it was to die for!!! Chased it down with Margaritas that were very "lively"!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
Sunnyvale
“Filling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lots of good food for reasonable prices. Large restaurant and busy bar with cool margarita glasses. Nice people too!

Visited July 2014
Mount Dora, Florida
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We've been here in the past and had a good meal - years ago.

Our meal started with chips and salsa. The chips were hot and freshly made. Nice start. The salsa was average and fine.

We saw salmon on the menu and the photo appeared to have mashed potatoes on the side along with rice. Reading the description it stated that what we saw was pureed cauliflower. Great, we didn't want potatoes. We ordered this to split. What we got was salmon on the verge of not being fresh any more. It was edible but not very tasty along with being a little fishy. The pureed cauliflower turned out to be something like twice baked potatoes with cheese stuffed back into a baked potato skin. This is not what was described or shown.

The skinny margarita was tasty and hit the spot.

Maybe this is a good place for a drink but you probably ought to stick with some standard Mexican food. I wish I had. I've heard from locals that it's much better. I'd have given a below average rating if the drinks were no good. If they can't do a good job with the fish, they should take it off the menu. If they don't have what's on the menu, they shouldn't substitute items without asking.

This isn't the cleanest looking place either. I think they should at least sweep up the crumbs all over the floor a little more often.

• Visited July 2014
Union, New Jersey
“The Loop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

While visiting out in Colorado, my husband and I came across The Loop and found it to be a wonderful Mexican restaurant. We ordered Chili Reano that was stuffed with chicken. You won't find other Mexican restaurants that use chicken. Only cheese. Their margaritas were huge. Yum! I tell everyone I know about The Loop. Actually going back in August to eat there again. Mike and I love it.

• Visited August 2013