“Not Good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and i were in town for our anniversary and thought we would try The Loop. We ordered the "world famous" margarita which was horrible, I didnt even drink it. The taco salad was filled with old lsoggy lettuce, pinto beans were runny and white in color. The salsa tasted like it came from a jar. My husband ordered carne asada, but got a steak and tortillas???

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I couldn't wait to write this review, so hopefully others won't waste their time or money on this awful experience.
First, we were seated forever without a greeting. I'd understand if they were busy, but not the case at all. We were still willing to be open to a great dining experience, due to being starved and dehydrated from our Incline experience.
Next, when the chips and salsa finally came, we still hadn't received any drinks. Not even water, which we desperately needed. The ONLY positive is that the chips and salsa were decent.
Once our "world famous margaritas" came (which took forever) I literally spit mine back in the glass. How bad can you screw up a margarita, right? Oh, my....terrible! Mine was an italian margarita. My husband went with the signature one, and it was slightly less terrible but still undrinkable. He had 2 sips and that's all he could muster.
We waited close to 30 minutes for our fajitas that were also terrible. Again, how bad can you screw up fajitas? They accomplished it. The chicken tasted like chicken soup chicken. I'm pretty sure they just soak it in broth. Peppers were few, but decent, and onions (according to my hubby) tasted days old. The rice looked so gummy, neither of us attempted to try it. I guess it was a good thing we didn't order any beans with it. When we opened the tortillas, we both laughed! I have never seen such wimpy and obviously old tortillas from a restaurant in my life. They literally tasted like paper.
We had to ask for silverware another 5 minutes or so after our food came, and asked the waitress to take my margarita away. I told her it was just awful. She asked if I'd like another one, and I told her absolutely not. If both our margaritas tasted like crap, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to change. My husband was too nice to do the same.
Once our bill finally came, we were surprised to see my margarita was on the bill. I asked the waitress if this was correct, and she just forgot to take it off.
In summary, I can't see any reason you should EVER visit this place. I hope you heed this warning, because I promise, you'll wish you did.

1  Thank dmsrdh
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great margaritas (big selection too), great food, and great service! Loved the Garlic beef taco salad!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We wanted to spend an evening walking around Manitou Springs and have dinner while we were there. My boyfriend likes Mexican food, so we decided to go to the Loop. He chose enchiladas, which looked very good. I had the Mahi Mahi, which was delicious! It was a thin cut of fish, so it was slightly dry, but the flavor was so excellent that it more than made up for that. I was glad that the mango-coconut sauce was served on the side because it was cold. It was tasty but wasn't as good as the fish by itself. I thought the price of the wine was a bit high since this is not an upscale restaurant, so we had beer. Our waiter was excellent, very pleasant and helpful. I'm sure we will be returning to the Loop in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my family on a Saturday. I know it wasn't busy as there was plenty of seats open but yet we waited over 40 minutes for our food. We have children so we know when they take our drink order to also order our food, but still took a long time. On top of that completely screwed up our order. Wife ordered white sauce enchiladas but got red sauce. I ordered shredded beef taco but got chicken. It doesn't stop there..... We ordered their "world famous magarita's" and had to send them back as they were terrible. The only upside the waiter Joe was very apologetic but that can only take you so far. This places got 3 strikes. 1. Long wait for food when it's not busy.
2. Screwed up our food orders.
3. World famous margaritas is just fiction.
We come to this are a lot, I'm glad there are other places to check out.