“THE best in Manitou”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2008

If you like really awesome food, you have to eat here.
Their specialty is reubens, corned beef. and Homeade Pies.
They have about 30 choices all under 10.
WOW, I would eat there every meal if I could.
The waiters are really friendly and the food is beyond
words. If you go to Manitou Springs, you HAVE to eat here.
The sandwiches cost 7-9. and Pie ala mode is 5.

Reviewed April 29, 2008

This place is great - huge sandwiches, homemade pies and soups! Warning - it's always busy at lunch and dinner, so eat off hours if you can.

2  Thank Carmen_in_Seattle
Reviewed January 17, 2008

We felt a snack attack coming on and saw the sign advertising pie so we turned the car around and stopped in for 3 slices to go.
Well, it was the hardest decision of the trip, they offered so many choices. The fact that they are so busy that a lot of the types I wanted had been sold out earlier (it was 3pm) helped me us to narrow our choices down. We had pecan, peach-raspberry and an apple. All were delicious! The next day we stopped in for lunch (great soup/sandwiches!!) and more pie. We loved it and as far as the crowds, others love it too! It was so funny, two big construction guys came in and sat across from us - when the waitress came by they asked her to put two slices of pie on the side and then proceeded to order their sandwiches! LOL One said to the other "the pie goes fast"! The Dutch Kitchen has earned our return visit!

2  Thank jwoge
Reviewed July 16, 2007

It was pouring down rain when we arrived in Manitou so we just cruised through. We noticed this little place and we were lucky enough to find a spot right in front. We decided to get some food for take out. Our dog was with us and she wasn't eating much on the road trip so we ordered her a plain chicken breast and they cut it up into little pieces for her. I had a great Monte Cristo sandwich and my husband had sausage sandwich, which he said was tasty. Apparently their pies are awesome because while I was waiting for the food, I noticed several awards, year after year, for their pies. The atmosphere was very homey too.

1  Thank dteacher
Reviewed October 12, 2006

Very small but great food. Pies are homemade so is the soup. If you go during lunch or dinner time you could wait a while, outside. We went mid afternoon and had no problem getting a table.

2  Thank Sarge63