“A Most Memorable Wedding”
Review of Briarhurst Manor

Briarhurst Manor
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Description: One of the top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S.* Historic Victorian Manor Home at base of Pikes Peak built by Dr. William Bell, Vice President of the Denver Rio Grande Railroad. Open for A la Carte dinners with Private dining rooms and ballroom available for wedding receptions, banquets and all types of parties, social and business events. (*Rated by Open table diners)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A Most Memorable Wedding”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My daughter's wedding was at the Briarhurst last Fall. Aside from the fact that it was my daughter getting married, I feel it was the most wonderful wedding I have ever attended. Every aspect of our experience was amazing.
We were treated like royalty, we knew this was the place at our first consultation appointment. We were so very pleased with the price and services, truly what the Briarhurst offered was far above the other locations we visited. The food was wonderful, the cake was exquisite (and tasted good too)! The staff were professional, warm and friendly.
I was especially touched by our coordinator, Alison, who sincerely cared about our wishes and comfort. She handled every detail as if it was her own wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect!
I loved the atmosphere, this was the Colorado experience we were seeking. This is a distinguished old mansion, that is just beautiful, and cared for in a very loving way. Even though it was very cold, we enjoyed taking pictures in the gazebo. The grounds were impeccable.
I loved our experience, and would very highly recommend the Briarhurst Manor for your wedding. We had guests from the East and West Coasts, and everyone said this was the most beautiful perfect wedding they had ever attended. Certainly the memory of that glorious night will always be warm in my heart. Thank you, Briarhurst Manor!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The perfect place for the wedding of your dreams!”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. David R. Britton
Colorado Springs, Co 80920

April 21, 2010

Mr. Healey -

It is with much pleasure that I ask for a moment of your time, please.

We first inquired about having our wedding at the Briarhurst back in November of last year, and was put in touch with Peaches Smith at that time. My Mother and I met with her and instantly fell in love with the location and more important her personal touch and professionalism. Peaches and the balance of your staff have made my wedding day one I will always remember as picture perfect in absolutely every way.

Thru the planning months and all the preparations Peaches was easy to work with and was always prompt and professional, with her focus always on premier Customer Service. She represented The Briarhurst Manor, yourself and the balance of the staff; with a superior standard I am sure that you are aware.

On our Wedding day Peaches met us with a huge smile on her face with the staff ready to roll. Everything at the Manor was ready and waiting for us upon our arrival in the morning. Even the sun could not resist smiling upon us. The dining area was promptly set, the minor outside decorations, the cake and food was perfect and ready on time, as I was confidant in. Our banquet host, Marissa, was flawless. She was just fantastic! Our brunch was served timely and with exquisite precision and accuracy. All of our guests commented upon your staff and we sung there praises to all. Even when the wind became a bit too chilly to serve cake outside, Marissa and her staff made the change for us to move the cake serving inside with no effort and seamless to all, no one was aware of the change in plans and it was done immediately with that ever present smile and upmost professionalism.

We are so very happy we choose the Briarhurst Manor for our Wedding, it was truly spectacular. We, both David and I, wanted to expend our personal thanks to you, Peaches and Marissa for a wonderful day for us and our family and friends. We will be returning often for dinner, and will see you for our anniversary. Please accept our deepest thanks and expend a heartfelt thank you to your staff for giving us a perfect day.

Regards,

Mr/Mrs David R. Britton

Colorado Springs
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I were married at The Briarhurst in October, and everything at The Briarhurst was amazing. We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony with indoor reception, but this being Colorado it was cold and icy. They moved everuthing inside and divided the room so there was definite definition to each part. The coordinators and staff made sure that everyone got to the places they were supposed to and that everything was on time and smooth. The food was great very fresh and tender, no empty plates were left on the tables, they even made sure that our party favors on an empty table went to good homes. Allison even made sure that my sister and I didn't kill each other by redoing the bussel on my dress. The day was perfect and couldn't have gone any smoother!

1 Thank JoniBoss
colorado
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

My husband and I had dinner at the Briairhurst last night and we were so impressed! From the moment we entered until the very end everything was great. They have an excellent wine list. We tried the Foie Gras for our appetizer and it was the best I have ever had anywhere. Al the entrees are served with a salad and we tried a pear salad (incredible!) and a lobster salad (amazing!) For dinner My husband had the Lamb and almost licked the plate, I had the duck and loved every bite. For dessert they have a sampler that we got, with creme brulee,a chocolate torte and apple pie. It arrived on a slate and looked incredible, and tasted even better. The service was great, our server was very knowledgable, friendly and attentive. She told us we could wonder the house after our dinner and told us some of the history. It is such a beautiful place, amazing food, and great service. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank ColoradoLady123
Colorado Springs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fully recommended...our wedding was awesome!”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

It was my first time here. We needed a last minute wedding site for a small elopement. The management of the manor amazed me of going above and beyond about anything I was able to imagine we would need - and them with a staff just made our day wonderful and memorable. I know you must think it couldn't have been much for an elopement, but trust me, when you care, even such a small wedding can turn into many details they took care of.

The manor is divided into various dining rooms which allow a great deal of privacy.

Service was a 5* one when I start from the open mind thinking when and how we could have our ceremony done to the to go boxes. Ceremony room was nicely prepared, chosen to ensure our privacy, staff checked on us and I never had to come and ask for anything.

The dining set up in the whole manor combines soft ivory and black linen and silver color silverware which makes the overall impression cozy, neat and elegant. We loved and pics look great.

The food: honestly, I think the price-quality ratio is more than great.
I expected the best when we booked it (it was only 6 of us and we chose a la carte), but the overall 4 course dinner from appetizers, soup, sorbet, dishes and cake - was really delicious and served in a great timely manner (well, according to my "eating speed" but all our friends seem to be happy with it too).

I am from Europe and I really like the cuisine, I was impressed they were all so nice and helpful but most of all, me and my hubby got amazed how great it all was especially when we didn't know what is about to happen 2 days before the wedding took place and time (because of my health issues).

I do appreciate all the efforts, nice environment (really looks great on pictures too!), great service and personal touch even though I am not (or was not) a returning customer (I seriously was there for the first time) and there were a large wedding and regular dinner parties served at the same time.

I was reading all the reviews below and I am sure - with all the bad I read about it - that the times have changed and I would definitely recommend and go for it in 2010:))

Petra