“So Nice we ate there Twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Briarhurst Manor

Briarhurst Manor
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Description: One of the top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S.* Historic Victorian Manor Home at base of Pikes Peak built by Dr. William Bell, Vice President of the Denver Rio Grande Railroad. Open for A la Carte dinners with Private dining rooms and ballroom available for wedding receptions, banquets and all types of parties, social and business events. (*Rated by Open table diners)
Kansas City, MO
“So Nice we ate there Twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We LOVED this place. It is an upper scale restaurant so special occasions and couple's night might be more appropriate then bringing small kids. I think kids would get bored here real quick. The food is excellent and when mixed with the atmosphere set in a beautiful victorian manor -just beautiful! Dinner is of the upmost quality of fine dining establishments meaning ... it's gonna be an event ... take some time ... have your courses ... lots of time for conversation .. and your gonna pay for it. But it is truly something to do with your spouse or significant other or to celebrate something.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank FaylisaFox

Paris, France
“Reservations… Locked Doors, Rudeness and No Dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had made plans to have my last dinner here, before returning to Paris, with my college student son. I made reservations for 7:45 and found that we were going to be late, about 10 minutes. I telephoned the restaurant to tell them. We arrived 20 minutes late (didn't know the time and distance from the Broadmoore) to locked doors and saw only one table occupied in the restaurant. We thought we were at the back door, so we wondered around for about 5 minutes finally finding two women, and ask them where was the entrance. We realized it was the entrance, and went back to try again. A wait staff appeared and unlocked the door. We then had to find our way to a host. Only to be told they would not serve us and we were late. It was then 8:10.

I had not read these reviews because I had purchased a Groupon and looked at the experience as a "let's try it and see" kind of dinner. We are new to the city and as expatriates it is alway an adventure. it is my opinion these reviews are telling and truthful of the situation at the Briarhurst Manor.
1. Coupons have been apart of this establishments business plan for over a year.
2. Coupons usually work if the restaurant follows all the rules of running a great business.
3. Coupons can kill a business if they are struggling to survive in the low season. When making the reservation i told them (rules require) that we had a Groupon. The reservationist tone completely changed from upbeat and animated to droll and condescending.
4. The negative attitude of management is not a new thing. As these reviews reveal.
5. The food my be perfectly good or not. Taste and food experience vary among diners.
6. The architecture is lovely, but the environment needs work.

I would think twice before dropping a couple of hundred on this place. Up the street, at the Cliff House is a better bet. Fantastic and delicious slow food, great service, considerate and kind staff. As well as a lovely view from their porch.

I still have my Groupon and will try again, order a bottle of good wine, relax, and see how the food taste. I will let you know.

4 Thank Picarsvintagelady
Nashville, Tennessee
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Briarhurst Manot is among the best restaurants in Manitou Springs...for that matter, the entire Colorado Springs area. You get what you pay for. This is not an inexpensive dining experience, but I suspect you'll leave agreeing that it was worth every penny you spent.

3 Thank Tom B
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Briarhurst Manor is definitely synonymous with fine dining. The meals were delicious. I especially enjoyed the potato and leek soup. The service was efficient, as one might expect in a fine restaurant. Our server, however, was so formal that her interaction with us almost seemed robotic and rehearsed. This restaurant is a great choice for a special celebration or occasional treat.

4 Thank cmbrown88
Belleair, Florida
“We Love To Be So Pampered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The grounds and castle set the stage for an amazing delight for you eyes and palette. We have LOVED this place since the 80s and only wish they still had the chateau briand which we always had when we would have our anniversay dinner here. It is wonderful...

• Visited April 2013