“Romantic and lovely but also kind to the hiker”

Briarhurst Manor Estate
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor Estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I have been to the Briarhurst multiple times to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and have never had anything short of a wonderful time. The historic home is just amazingly beautiful. The staff is always so kind and helpful. The five course meals are luxurious, delicious and leave leftovers if you are wise (I sometimes am not). I've had duck, beef, shrimp and chicken and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. We usually take about two hours to eat because the courses come at a leisurely pace giving you time to savor everything. Last time we went we were fresh from a ramble in the mountains. My husband was in a collared shirt and shorts and I was in a lace-trimmed top and dark jeans. We were hardly dressed up but we enjoy the Briarhurst so much we came for dinner anyhow. No one batted an eyelash. It's such fun to dress up and make a true night of it but if you are in Manitou Springs on a more casual day, don't rule the Briarhurst out!

There are newer reviews for Briarhurst Manor Estate

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stopped there for a birthday while on vacation. We selected this restaurant because we had a discount coupon. The historic home was beautiful. Our waitress Hanne was very personable as well as the maitre d. The food was very good. My spouse had scallops and I had the surf and turf with a soft shell crab. The crab has a fritter type coating so that wasn't my favorite. But that is just a personal choice. Everything else was very good. The atmosphere was elegant and service attentive. If you want a formal or romantic evening, I highly suggest Briarhurst Manor.

1  Thank Claraclownie
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I,m not writing this review in regards of the restaurant but to the manor as a wedding location. My daughter had her wedding there and it was fabulous. Allison (the event manager) was wonderful to work with, the DJ was great, the staff was great, the food was great and they handle everything from decorating to clean up at a good price. What else could you ask for? You would be had pressed to find better location to have a wedding. Thanks to all at Briarhurst manor for a great time and a lifetime of memories. P.S. The peppered steak was amazing.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been to this restaurant many times, and each time, the food has been wonderful. Even our kids, 5 and 7, consider this a special place. Some things to remember before going is: be prepared to be here for a few hours. They serve each course slowly as it's a time to relax and chat and enjoy the beautiful rooms. If you want fast food, this is not the place.

We've seen people dress in shorts, but it's nicer to wear slacks or a simple dress. It's fancy!

We chose the five course meal which includes the Amuse Bouche (a simple bit sized sample from the chef), a salad or soup, an intermezzo (sorbet to cleanse the palate), the entree, and the dessert.

We had the beef medallions with a soft shell crab. The crab was delicious. The medallions had a Bearnaise sauce that wasn't very fresh. For a few dollars more, we upgraded one salad to the caprese salad (tomatoes, mozarella, basil). We tasted truffle salt on the salad which was delicious.

The desserts were very good: poached pear, truffle pie, passion fruit creme Anglaise.

We've always enjoyed trying the new things the chefs prepare. Our favorites from the past have been the beef wellington, but that takes a long time to cook, so we've waited around. Definitely worth the wait.

One negative mark was between the intermezzo and the entree, we had to wait about 30 minutes. Our kids were getting really antsy by then. So we hope that the wait staff can shorten that wait for future guests.

1  Thank LBudder
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner here for an early Valentine's Day. The food was absolutely wonderful and the servers were fantastic. We had arrived early around 5pm. So we were allowed to go tour the whole restaurant. What a beautiful place. Can't wait to go again.