“Really nice dinner.”
Review of Briarhurst Manor

Briarhurst Manor
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Description: One of the top 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in U.S.* Historic Victorian Manor Home at base of Pikes Peak built by Dr. William Bell, Vice President of the Denver Rio Grande Railroad. Open for A la Carte dinners with Private dining rooms and ballroom available for wedding receptions, banquets and all types of parties, social and business events. (*Rated by Open table diners)
Midwest, USA
“Really nice dinner.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stopped there for a birthday while on vacation. We selected this restaurant because we had a discount coupon. The historic home was beautiful. Our waitress Hanne was very personable as well as the maitre d. The food was very good. My spouse had scallops and I had the surf and turf with a soft shell crab. The crab has a fritter type coating so that wasn't my favorite. But that is just a personal choice. Everything else was very good. The atmosphere was elegant and service attentive. If you want a formal or romantic evening, I highly suggest Briarhurst Manor.

1 Thank Claraclownie

La Grange, Kentucky
“Great wedding location”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I,m not writing this review in regards of the restaurant but to the manor as a wedding location. My daughter had her wedding there and it was fabulous. Allison (the event manager) was wonderful to work with, the DJ was great, the staff was great, the food was great and they handle everything from decorating to clean up at a good price. What else could you ask for? You would be had pressed to find better location to have a wedding. Thanks to all at Briarhurst manor for a great time and a lifetime of memories. P.S. The peppered steak was amazing.

Georgia
“Elegant Birthday dinner”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been to this restaurant many times, and each time, the food has been wonderful. Even our kids, 5 and 7, consider this a special place. Some things to remember before going is: be prepared to be here for a few hours. They serve each course slowly as it's a time to relax and chat and enjoy the beautiful rooms. If you want fast food, this is not the place.

We've seen people dress in shorts, but it's nicer to wear slacks or a simple dress. It's fancy!

We chose the five course meal which includes the Amuse Bouche (a simple bit sized sample from the chef), a salad or soup, an intermezzo (sorbet to cleanse the palate), the entree, and the dessert.

We had the beef medallions with a soft shell crab. The crab was delicious. The medallions had a Bearnaise sauce that wasn't very fresh. For a few dollars more, we upgraded one salad to the caprese salad (tomatoes, mozarella, basil). We tasted truffle salt on the salad which was delicious.

The desserts were very good: poached pear, truffle pie, passion fruit creme Anglaise.

We've always enjoyed trying the new things the chefs prepare. Our favorites from the past have been the beef wellington, but that takes a long time to cook, so we've waited around. Definitely worth the wait.

One negative mark was between the intermezzo and the entree, we had to wait about 30 minutes. Our kids were getting really antsy by then. So we hope that the wait staff can shorten that wait for future guests.

1 Thank LBudder
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful Dinner In A Haunted Manor”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner here for an early Valentine's Day. The food was absolutely wonderful and the servers were fantastic. We had arrived early around 5pm. So we were allowed to go tour the whole restaurant. What a beautiful place. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited February 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“So very disappointed!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

For our Anniversary last month, we finally decided to splurge financially and take ourselves to Briarhurst Manor. Most everything was a huge disappointment! First of all, my husband and looked up their website menu a week before our reservations to be clear what we wanted. However, we got there that evening only to find that the menu had changed (and prices increased), yet the establishment neglected to update their website. So, some of the items we wanted (like the tiramisu) wasn't even on the menu and the price we counted on paying based on the website, had been increased with the new menu. The room we sat in was cramped and hot. Our table was pressed tightly agains a door, which was dirty with food stuck on it and placed right near the entrance of the room. It was not at all romantic for us. The $10.00 bruchetta appetizer was such a waste of money. There was about $1.50 worth of cheese and tomatoes on the plate. I was SO disappointed. The soup was good, but my main dish was absolutely horrible. It was Financier De Colette. It came cold and did not taste anything like the description, in my opinion. The waitresss asked how I liked it when she saw I couldn't bare to eat any more, and I was truthful and told her that I didn't like it at all. She replied: "I usually ask customers if they have had it before because it doesn't appeal to all". Well, why didn't she ask me, I wondered? I would have appreciated the tip from her! Also, she did not offer to exchange it for anything else or take the item off our bill. That would have made a difference for us to be honest. I left 75% of this horrible main course on the plate. My husband ordered the roasted chicken. He liked the meat but couldn't eat the whole onions side dish and only wished there were potatoes or rice with the meal instead. The soup and dessert were good, but other than that...we were so disappointed in the whole experience.
Bathrooms had no seat covers, which is important to me at a fine dining restaurant.

• Visited July 2012