“Would come again and again”
Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Description: The Sahara Cafe offers a variety of the Middle Eastern foods such as Falafels,Chicken,Hummus,Kabob,Baba Ganoush,and caters alot of events.
Germany
“Would come again and again”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went here because it was recommended by the owner of a candy store.

The atmosphere is rather simple, but that did not bother us, we like it casual.

I had the Pita with Gyros which was outstanding. I am a big Gyros fan, but most of the time the meat is not self-prepared but delivered (if it is, you'll know because they are very neatly cut stripes of meat, and they always taste the same). I would bet money this meat was prepared on their own. So tasty!

My husband had their sampler platter and was happy with it, too.

If I lived here, this would be my spot to go. And it was inexpensive, too!

Long Beach, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a nice place to get some really good tasty food, I ordered the Sahara salad, and it was delicious. Lamb, chicken & beef on a bed of lettuce, pickled turn ups, peppers, ect... yummy! the teens and mom ordered some gyros, and the lamb gyros are yummy! The total tab for lunch for six was under $50/ with tax and tip... A bargain for what you get. Also next to the restaurant is next to many shops and there is an arcade area, that the teens enjoyed, just down the street. Recommend spending a few hours and having some fun!

Dallas, Texas
“After Pike's Peak, this place fit the bill”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Being my wife's birthday, we were really wanting the day to be special throughout. After visiting the summit of Pike's Peak, we wandered through Manitou Springs and found the Sahara Cafe. What a terrific find! The atmosphere was a bit pedestrian, but the service and meals were excellent!

We ordered some falafel - which was great! And, we all ordered some form of chicken (me, the chicken plate, our son got the chicken tenders, and the wife got something else chicken-y... all great!)

It was a very laid back lunch and I would highly recommend a visit.

“Okay”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We tried this restaurant because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. The food was okay. I think the ice maker was broken because our drinks came with no ice. The service was fair. We've had better middle eastern food. Maybe we just didn't order the right items.

Visited June 2013
“Authentic middle eastern food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband had been here previously and being Lebanese, his expectations are high. He loves this place, and now do I. Sage tea is very good. Food is authentic and the service is fantastic. Our server was friendly. Not a fancy place, but aren't the holes in the wall usually the best places?!! This will be a repeat place.

Visited June 2013