“The best?”
Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Description: The Sahara Cafe offers a variety of the Middle Eastern foods such as Falafels,Chicken,Hummus,Kabob,Baba Ganoush,and caters alot of events.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Here's the problem:
Had I never seen the reviews on Tripadvisor, I would have never found this place. As it's the #1 rated restaurant in Manitou Springs, I made it a destination. Since I had such high hopes, I was somewhat disappointed. But then I found myself judging too harshly because of inflated expectations. If I has just stumbled in and looked around, I would have been very happy with my meal. Of course, I would never have stumbled in like that, it was only the rating that made me go. The food was good, but not spectacular, and the service was friendly. Was it a #1 experience? No, but still good.

1  Thank LovesEats

Reviewed January 23, 2013

You will definitely not be disappointed in the food or atmosphere. It doesn't look like much from the outside but when you go in, the atmosphere is perfect for a romantic evening. The food is delicious as well.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Had the chicken shawarmas and it was delicious!!! The service was very friendly and the prices were affordable.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The most accommodating, tasty, good for you food I've been able to get anywhere. This place rocked my breakfast world. As a gluten and dairy intolerant customer Sahara's staff were willing and able to make a quick meal that fit my dietary restrictions... AND it was prepared well and tasted terrific! There was no fuss or long wait for my special order because all orders are prepared fresh, the ingredients are prepared but not assembled, so adding or leaving out an ingredient is no problem for this quick and easy lunch/Dinner haven. Plus Sahara Cafe is open Sunday (mid-morning) unlike many other Manitou restaurants. Vegetarian, Vegan, & Gluten Free Options on thier menu

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The black tea was sweet and tasty - that was probably my favorite part of the entire meal! I had a lamb gyro (sans turnips and onions) that very good as well.

We ordered cheesy fries which, while crispy, were not what I expected... they had nacho cheese poured over them rather than real cheese. That's the only part of the meal I wouldn't do over.

I loved the beautiful lanterns hanging about the place... but not the guy with the gun on his hip. Yes, really. There was an agitated man in camo with a pistol on his hip walking about. Evidently he's a regular and knows (and likes) the staff. But that's not "regular" for me. lol.

1  Thank ImagineYourselfThere