“Absolutely awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Sahara Cafe offers a variety of the Middle Eastern foods such as Falafels,Chicken,Hummus,Kabob,Baba Ganoush,and caters alot of events.
“Absolutely awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Had the chicken shawarmas and it was delicious!!! The service was very friendly and the prices were affordable.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Made my tummy smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The most accommodating, tasty, good for you food I've been able to get anywhere. This place rocked my breakfast world. As a gluten and dairy intolerant customer Sahara's staff were willing and able to make a quick meal that fit my dietary restrictions... AND it was prepared well and tasted terrific! There was no fuss or long wait for my special order because all orders are prepared fresh, the ingredients are prepared but not assembled, so adding or leaving out an ingredient is no problem for this quick and easy lunch/Dinner haven. Plus Sahara Cafe is open Sunday (mid-morning) unlike many other Manitou restaurants. Vegetarian, Vegan, & Gluten Free Options on thier menu

• Visited November 2012
College Station, Texas
“Different and Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

The black tea was sweet and tasty - that was probably my favorite part of the entire meal! I had a lamb gyro (sans turnips and onions) that very good as well.

We ordered cheesy fries which, while crispy, were not what I expected... they had nacho cheese poured over them rather than real cheese. That's the only part of the meal I wouldn't do over.

I loved the beautiful lanterns hanging about the place... but not the guy with the gun on his hip. Yes, really. There was an agitated man in camo with a pistol on his hip walking about. Evidently he's a regular and knows (and likes) the staff. But that's not "regular" for me. lol.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ImagineYourselfThere
MD
“Mid-Eastern in the Mid-West”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

While vacationing in Colorado Springs we needed a place for dinner after a long hike. I had read all the reviews of The Sahara Cafe and they were very mixed. Some of the confusion seemed to come from diners not being familiar with mid-Eastern food. My husband and I are both fans of shawarma and gyros so we thought we would give it a try. I am really glad we did.The Sahara sandwich was one of the best mid-Eastern sandwiches I have ever eaten. I was very surprised. This was the mid-west and not New York City. The sage tea was wonderful and sweet and I even purchased some tea leaves to take back home. The maamoul (mid-eastern stuffed cookies) were a mixed bag and tended to be on the dry side. They are worth a try if you would like to try a different regional dessert, but not really great.

The restaurant's appearance is very ordinary, nothing special. If you would like an upscale dining experience, this is not the place. We ate at Sahara's twice, each time there was just one server. The first time we ate on the early side and there was no waiting. The second time, the service was slower as there were more people in the restaurant. both times the servers were very knowledgeable and friendly. I wouldn't dine here if I was in a rush, but neither was it particularly slow.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank sharonatoo
Big Lake, Minnesota
“Delicious middle eastern food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was absolutely the best falafel, hummus, and pita bread! The decor of the place doesn't look too great, but the food is amazing.

Visited November 2012