“Castaways rocks!!!”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Colorado
“Castaways rocks!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I love this place! The staff is friendly, the decor is fun and the food is good. My sister, nephews and I eat at Castaways every time we visit and the main pirate treats us like 1st class shipmates! Plus, they have awesome flamingos!!!

Visited December 2011

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fun atmosphere for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I give this a very good simply for the atmosphere and the service. The food really was simply OK, not horrible but nothing to rave about either. The design of the restaurant itself is really great. My kids loved it and liked looking at all of the neat things that were on display. The fountain that they have as you first enter is very fun and fun to look at. The best part is the waiters and waitresses dressed as pirates. We had a great host who played up his role so well and waiter who had a lot of fun with it to. We will be going back here again just for the fun aspect.

Visited July 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“Decent Food but Overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Friends came to town and said they had heard this place was great from someone they knew. Since I hadn't been there before, we decided to try it. We got there right after they opened and things were still very disorganized. So had to wait for drinks, appetizers and then the meal. And the food was a little of the cold side (I guess they were trying to hurry) and the seafood didn't taste or smell as fresh as I expected. It might have been because the summer tourist rush was over, but don't know!

Visited November 2011
Colorado
“I can't believe they're still in business!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

First of all, there were only two people working the entire restaurant (acting as hosts, servers, and bartenders). This meant waiting a long time to be seated (even though the place was dead), waiting a long time for them to take our order and bring drinks, etc.

The menu at first glance looked reasonably priced, except for drinks. We didn't order alcohol. We ordered sodas (that tasted REALLY flat), and the kids had water and chocolate milk. The milk was a whopping $2.25! They never refilled our drinks.

My husband and I both ordered seafood. It was by far the most bland dinner we've ever had. Everything on my plate tasted like it was frozen food heated up. The kids had corndogs and fries, and their meals actually tasted better than ours.

We ordered an appetizer, which never came; the waitress forgot to put the order in. Probably for the best, because I'm sure it also would have been bland and not worth the $8.95 we would have paid for it. She was very apologetic and nice about it, and did give us a piece of chocolate cake to go because of her mistake. (Although we threw out the cake because it didn't taste good.)

The only reason we tried this place was because we had a livingsocial.com coupon. It made it sound like a neat pirate-themed place, so we thought they'd actually be dressed and act like pirates. It was silly and a complete waste of time and money. I wouldn't go back even if we had a 90% discount!

• Visited December 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great food and excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Love the atmosphere. We actually went twice because the first time was so good, we were determined to go for our next "celebration". The waiter/waitress both times were very professional, and the food (especially the salmon appitizer, yumm), and margarita were some of the best or better we`ve had. Will definately keep this place on the top of our list. Thanks Castaways!

• Visited November 2011