“REAL PIZZA!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Sweetwater, Texas
“REAL PIZZA!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The pizza is awesome in this little "hole-in-the-wall". The atmosphere is very laid back, which is probably why there are some bad marks for service. If you want to be treated with "attentiveness", then go to "that kind of place" ;)

We loved this relaxed, comfortable, friendly place...plus the pizza was fabulous!

1 Thank n5nar

California
“Atrocious service”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

After reading the great reviews, my family and I went to Hell's Kitchen. The good news is that the pizza is quite good. The bad news is that the service is terrible. We were told our pizza would take half an hour. An hour and twenty minutes later, we were still waiting and were told it would be just a few more minutes. The staff gave us some complimentary bread knots as an apology, but that was after we'd been waiting for nearly an hour. The owner came out eventually and was quite unpleasant - basically saying there was nothing he could do (after we'd seen plenty of people get take-out pizzas ahead of us). He was pretty rude and even challenged me to go ahead and write a bad review online.

So here it is. Don't go to Hell's Kitchen in Manitou Springs.

• Visited June 2011
6 Thank jm02
Colorado Springs
“A pizza lovers pizza”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

As has been mentioned, here in the Colorado Springs area, we have very few choices for really good pizza the way it was meant to be. I think someone described it as a wasteland. Boriello Brothers was good back in the day, but since they've expanded their operation all over the city, they really aren't that good anymore. Joey's is still a favorite of mine, but his "Myspace" homepage won't let me see the menu anymore. (Dude, you're running a restaurant, invest in a real website). Trivellii's had absolutely amazing Jersey style pizza (and still have amazing Jersey style subs) but, for whatever reason, they pulled the pizza oven out of their place on Barnes. Which brings me to Hell's Kitchen in Manitou. My much better half and I were crawling around Manitou last weekend looking for somewhere to park, and she spotted this place on a side street right off the loop. We finally found a place to park and were walking around town. When I asked where she wanted to eat, she said "let's try Hell's Kitchen". Ok.... I'm always up for Pizza. We walk in and the place is small. Not hobbit small, but still small. One small counter with the pizzas by the slice displayed, probably 6 or 7 tables, and an aroma that left you with no doubt you were in an authentic New York/Northern Jersey pizza joint. OMG, my mouth started watering right away. We both ordered two slices of pepperoni with soda...13 bucks. A little pricy in my mind, but, well, this isn't NY where pizza is a staple, and priced accordingly. What we got was worth every penny. The slices were big, just like you'd expect in the city. They were thin, with just the right amount of crunch without sacrificing the foldablility and the "droop" at the end of the slice, if you know what I mean. The grease from the cheese and the pepperoni either dripped onto the plate (for dipping the last pieces of crust) or down your arm, depending on your angle of attack. When taking a bite, the cheese strung out, following the path of your mouth moving away from the slice. Did I mention the taste? I will just say this..... It was heavenly. It was tangy, herby, tomatoey, cheesy...not really sure how to make that much clearer. It is the best pizza I've had in a very very long time, if not ever. This pizza is well worth the drive up the hill.

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank regraft
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“FInally...real pizza in Colorado!”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

When we first moved from New Jersey to Colorado 12 years ago, I never thought it would be impossible to find good pizza but sadly it's a culinary wasteland out here ;)

We first heard about Hell's Kitchen whilst attending the annual coffin races in Manitou Springs and finally decided to give it a try. Wow, we were really surprised to finally find real pizza, just like home.

It was a Sunday morning before the lunch crowd started filling the place, so the chef (Jamie) had time to chat. Apparently he has his family in Hoboken send him all the necessary ingredients for a "back-home-style" pizza, so you know this is the real deal (fellow east-coasters, you know what I'm talkin' about ;) Pizza for breakfast? Oh yeah!

Now, if I could just find a place that makes decent bagels...

1 Thank rbrodt
colorado
“Great NY style pizza & open late!”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Recently moved to Manitou (though I'm from NYC originally) and was pleasantly surprised to find old-fashioned NY pizza down the street. This is a busy little place and there isn't much in the way of seating but the pizza is yummy and if it's too crowded they do deliver. The guys behind the counter keep busy for the most part and turn out pies pretty quickly. The menu is pretty bare-bones but the nice thing is we didn't have to wait long. I've been twice and both times have been pretty darn good, so looking forward to making regular visits. I look forward to them serving some beer sometime soon, though if they did they may have to get a bigger storefront as it could be as popular as the Common Ground cafe for the local hangout.

1 Thank luvt0trvl