“A fun night!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Manitou Springs Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience eclectic and fun Manitou Springs culture and cuisine while exploring downtown on foot. Participants will sample unique food and drink from 6-7 locations along with the famous mineral springs. Perfect for those interested in history, culture and of course, good food. Advance ticket purchase is required. Tours sell out in advance. For tickets or more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I went on the tour with my husband and teenage daughter during our visit to Colorado Springs and we are so glad we did. The tour was a lot of fun and a great way to spend an evening. Our tour guide Darryl was really nice and friendly and had a lot of historical infromation about the town's history. He did a great job keeping everyone interested in the stories behind the town. He really was great and my whole family really enjoyed the food. My only complaint was that because my daughter was not of age she could not enjoy the wine tastings so (since we all paid the same price for the tour) it would have been nice if they offered the tastings to my husband and I (since she only had water at D'vine Wines). The Sahara Cafe was our favorite--great job!

2  Thank SunnyNJ

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Samantha met us at the appointed time and place. She is a native of Co. Springs and loves doing what she does----leading people on a food tour. We toured Manitou Springs. The restaurants were not the ones I would have chosen, but that is why you go on a food tour. One place was not ready for us but Samantha handled it professionally. Got in about 5-10 minutes late. It seemed like the people with us and from the area enjoyed it the most. That makes sense since I would enjoy this in my home area and could go back to my favorites. We had a wide range of food from pizza to mediterranean to wine to pheasant soup to candy. A little bit of history of the town and two tastes of mineral water from a downtown spout made for an enjoyable evening.

1  Thank StLouisOkie
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This tour goes above and beyond just eating food, this tour gives a great opportunity to learn some history and current facts about the city and you also get to try a few of the natural springs along the way. The history was very intriguing, and the tour guides were very knowledgeable; I don't believe any questions went unanswered. What was unique is that restaurant owners were able to present the history of their restaurants.. Every member of the tour, whether they are a local or a tourist, has an interesting story to tell. I would highly recommended this tour for anyone who aspires to meet new people and have a great time!

3  Thank Roscoe54321
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I wasn't exactly sure what I was signing up for, but I am so glad I took this tour! Even though the really personable and fun guides play down the progressive dinner aspect of the evening, that is basically what it is (but not always in the logical order). We met, all warmly dressed and in sensible shoes, as advised, in the historic Manitou Spa building. We started eating at one of my all-time favorite restaurants, Adam's Mountain Cafe. Delicious soup and salad there, followed by margaritas and sangria with chips, salsa, queso and guacamole at the Loop. Very festive. Next stop was the charming Coquette Creperie for a nice glass of red wine and the decidedly un-French Badabing Crepes (the mother-daughter proprietors are from the New York area), which, in addition to being gluten-free, were totally yummy. To cleanse the palate, we stopped in at Pikes Peak Chocolate for a few tasty morsels created on-site by the chocolatier. They also have an impressive collection of vintage candy, so if you have been looking for clove flavored gum or anything, this is the spot. Moving east, we stopped in at the historic Stagecoach Inn for their famous smoked pheasant chowder, biscuits and cherry preserves. Our last stop was Swirl Wine Emporium, where we sampled some great port and chocolate. This place is awesome, a wine shop/wine bar that I can't wait to go back to - especially in the warmer months, to hang out on their great patio. All along the way, our guides entertained us with tidbits of history, many of which were real revelations to me despite living here a long time. And last but not least, Dixie cups were provided so we could taste the waters from a few of the different springs. Who knew there was such a variety?! Get a group together and take this tour. It's a lot of fun!

5  Thank mtnlions
Reviewed November 13, 2010

The food was delicious, the history informative, the hostesses fun and friendly! We visited places we had never been, and will definately go back to. A "must-do" event for both visitors AND locals. Thanks to Karen and Samantha for a great evening!
Patti and Dave Peterson