“Truly a jem that became our home away from home...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak
SD
“Truly a jem that became our home away from home...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Over the past year or so, my husband has frequently stayed here while stationed in Colorado Springs; I stayed with him for most of the summer (sometimes two of us, sometimes four...plus our dog) and we couldn't have been happier. The weekly rate was stellar, especially to have a fridge and microwave in the room...the staff is out of this world incredible...and the location is unbeatable! We've stayed in several of the rooms, and can personally say that those managing the hotel have done an incredible job upgrading and improving the rooms as time has passed.

If you're looking for a five-star resort, keep looking. But if you're looking for an affordable hotel in an incredible location, look no further!! My husband will soon be transferring, but Manitou Inn and Suites will always be our first choice when coming back to the area.

PS - Thank you to Kevin and Angela for always making us feel welcome and making sure we were taken care of...hopefully our next home away from home will be able to live up to the standards you set! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsP_ArmyWife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As soon as you walked into the room, you can smell urine. Human urine, not pet's. Pool is dirty small and cold. Sheets dirty. Blankets dirty. Floor dirty. Bath tub filthy. Management Awful!!! My husband and have low standards and are not picky, but staying here was the worst experience possible. We had forgotten our child's favorite night time toy that he's used since birth. We realized we had forgotten it there when we needed it the next night. I had called to try and retrieve it and they had told me that it was not there. I explained how important it was for and how he has not been able to sleep since then. Or at least tried to. The woman on the phone refused to let me speak and continued to talk over me. I asked her to please let me complete one sentence and she would not then accused me of misplacing it and insisting it was my fault and then HUNG UP ON ME. I've never dealt with some one so rude in my entire life. Before she hung on me I even asked if I could speak to the owner, she refused to let me speak with him because they did not have it. This place low class, low class, LOW CLASS. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. FILTHY, SMELLS BAD, OLD, WORST STAFF EVER!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Candace M

Travelers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

Burlington, Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 3 kids and I stayed here for one night (thankfully), and I seriously regret booking this room. It was the weekend of the hill climb so this was my last resort as we wanted to be close to Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds. All other hotels were booked.
The one nice thing I can say about this place is that the woman at the front desk was very friendly. That's where my positive comments end.
The place is falling apart and very dirty overall. We have a 10 month old that had dirty feet and hands from crawling on the floors. Yuck!! It looked like she had crawled across a blacktop.
I wanted a hotel with a pool to entertain the kids but their pool was ice cold and we only stayed out there for less than 5 min.
I think the best part (sarcasm) was the extra towels we got as we were only given 2 and have 5 in our family. Two of the towels had holes... HUGE holes!!! The other three were just gross.
Finally, I think it should be noted that there are people living in this hotel. I'm not adding this last bit because there is anything wrong with this, but because it caught me off guard. A little girl stopped me in the hotel and asked if we just moved in!
If you really need a place to stay, just keep in mind this is as bare bones as you can get...

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank nicole4790
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 14, 2013

NICE FRIENDLY PLACE!

I stayed at Manitou Inn and Suites for two weeks last month while visiting my extended family in the area. This place has a perfect location right at the edge of Manitou Springs with stunning views of Pikes Peak. Although basic, this hotel is clean and feels very home-like. There is even a BBQ area outside where guests can cook their own food and socialize. The staff is very friendly and attentive. And for about $200 a week this is a real bargain in this beautiful area even in the off-season. I recommend this place to anyone planning to stay in the Pikes Peak area because of its location and the value for the money. Thank you, Manitou Inn & Suites!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Roger146
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If you don't need frills, then this is the inn for you. The first thing that stands out is the excellent customer service. Angela, Kevin, and a good looking blond man who looks like Graham Norton may very well be the friendliest front desk people ever, and that comes from someone who has spent twenty years in the vacation industry.

Secondly, you will find some of the cleanest rooms in Manitous Springs; I toured several before I settled on this one. They said non smoking and indeed it was. No stale smoke odors on drapes or bedding and that was a big plus.

Thirdly, it fosters a true inn environment. A cool and shady common area offers a nice area to chat with both guests, employees and the owners.

If I could offer these fine folks any advice, it would be to add a full length mirror to every room and heat the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Betsy R
Denver CO
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a no-frills place that's neighborhood friendly, clean, well located, and well priced. Weekly rate about $30/night?! With a micro and minifridge! The people are the best, the town is a walkable few blocks away. We'll go back in a second!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
budwiesser
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed there for a month and a half. They probably have the pool open by now too witch would have been nice to enjoy. For the most part people go there to get away and start new, it's pretty easy to meet people there most of witch were nice people, I only had one problem there with a guy who thought he owned the drier on my last day. I still would go back though. Cheers Manitou Inn peeps.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor