“raving review regarding manitou Inn suites”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak
Denver, Colorado
“raving review regarding manitou Inn suites”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I would like to share my exceptional experience with this hotel located at 229 manitou ave Manitou Springs Co 80829. this is not only a hotel that caters to weary travelers that need a good and peaceful nights sleep, they also cater to people in transitional situations who for example like myself have stayed here three months. They not only offer coffee all day (free) but also job boards for those looking for jobs, and endless support for those of us in transition. I have experinced personal assistance with my computer and my vehicle when they both broke down and they took hours out of their day to fix these situations for me. These are loving, supportive and the most helpful people i have ever encountered in the hotel industry. I cannot reccomend them enough!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank martitaphillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Called to check availability while driving and reached the incredibly friendly and chatty receptionist who gave us a good deal. Apparently many people use this hotel as a long germ residence so it seemed pretty homely. There are laundry facilities on site and the receptionist even gave me free detergent to use. The room we stayed in was very outdated and the mattresses were really hard. It also got VERY hot in te middle of the night which made it uncomfortable to sleep. The view of pikes peak out of our window was pretty awesome. Overall I recommend checking the room if you're planning on staying more than 1 night to make sure it's comfortable for sleep (for me it wast) everything else was great!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank DrDiRx
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I needed a place to stay at the last minute as the hotel with my month long booking canceled without notification. So I chose the Manitou Inn as it had a non-smoking room available for a week.

What a mistake. If I could have gotten a refund I would have left the first night. The cigarette smoke is dense in the hallway at night and the doorframes have ill-fitting doors. I was sick the entire week from the heavy cigarette smoke. The smokers hang around outside the second exit and smoke like there is no tomorrow, the door is propped open, so just about all the smoke enters the building. Added to this exterior smoke is the smoke from the smokers rooms. There is no door blocking off the smoking rooms and hallway from the rest of the hotel.

Added to the disgusting amount of cigarette smoke is the dirty state of the rooms. Wear shoes in the room as the vacuum seems to not visit the room too often, nor does it seem the cleaner understands what the verb to clean means.

Someone came into my room twice will i was out. my bag was on the floor and my stuff was well gone through. When I asked the front desk why someone had gone through my stuff, he emphatically stated no one had entered my room. But since my towel was missing, my bag was on the floor and 2 apples were missing from a grocery sack it was quite apparent "someone" had entered. It was not worth arguing about as the thief discovered I leave nothing of value in the room.

The dog poop on the sidewalk made exiting the building an exercise in fancy footwork, if you don't pay attention you will have a nice doggy deposit to scrape from your shoes.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank 555anne555

Travelers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We are a military family. We were referred by information that we found at the Civilian Housing Referral Office. We pre-paid for our room for two weeks while waiting for our closing for a home. Several times we complained to the front desk and left messages for the owner or manager to contact us regarding extremely alarming activities occurring throughout the day and late hours into the night . We recieved no response. We talked to the front desk about checking out early and were told that there is no refunds. The conditions of our room , this facility, and the property were extremely unsanitary and probably not within regulations for health codes. My husband arrived late one evening as I was taking out the trash and I observed two gentleman in a pick-up truck that appeared to be possibly burglarizing vehicles in the parking lot. We moved our vehicle to the front of the parking lot, I made a report to local authorities of my observation. I asked a woman in the parking lot if she had knowledge of the ownership. She insisted to put me on the phone immediately with the owner, even after I explained that we would contact the front desk in the morning. My husband and I walked outside and waited for the local authorities. We observed them checking out the suspects in the parking lot. Then after the authorities left, the woman proclaiming to be good friends with the owner, the motel housekeeper, and the two suspicious men, were all drinking and passing around what appeared to be ...unknown? When my husband and I, and my father-in-law approached them, they all left together. We feel that this establishment is not a safe place for families to visit or to vacation at. We packed up our belongings and moved to a hotel down the street that very night. Since our departure, we have observed on many occassions the local authorities, ambulance, fire trucks, day and night at this property. My husband and I feel that the public should be made aware and hope this helps anyone from experiencing our decision to save money and risk potential harm to our belongings. It's worth it to pay a little more and feel safe.

Room Tip: The hallways of this establishment reaked of marijuana, black mold growing in the bathrooms, was mis...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Melissa B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We booked the room at the last minute, since everything in town was booked for the holiday, so we did not have time to look up reviews. The place looked pretty run-down. When we got to our room, it was spacious, but the windows were cracked, curtains were not closing properly, the bed covers were too thin and inadequate for the mountain temperatures, and all towels were stained and dirty. My friend could not find an electrical outlet anywhere in the room and had to use the one by the bathroom sink. Also, no breakfast was served in the morning. When we mentioned the dirty towels to the front desk next morning, they did not do anything about it. The cost of the room was way too much for the quality and we found a much better deal at Doubletree the next evening for infinitely better room and service.

Room Tip: Go for Doubletree by downtown Co Springs instead, much better quality and lower cost.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I found the staff very helpful on were to go. A new Owner has taken over and even though I saw poor reviews I saw people working trying to fix what the previous owners left. Everyone staying there was very nice and even had a cook out. This is a older hotel but for the price you cant match it. I cant wait to see the changes they have made when I come back next year. As far as the pool, its colorado with rain and wind and dumping chemicals in the water no thank you. I rather see bleach. If you want a five star hotel then go pay for one. I never saw pot smoking and I stayed a week. A few people were drinking beer and cooking out. Most hotels you cant cook out or enjoy talking to others sitting outside looking at the mountains. I also found the price was great for the stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

First of all this place is so bad i will start off with the maid service ,shes rude ,her attire is inapropreate ,she talks to people like there stupid ,it took her forever to get me clean towels,she told me the owner wouldnt buy new towels,,she doents wash the mold off the shower curtains ,you can hear her vacumeing late at night and when you ask her for the vacum she givse you the crapiest one out of the 5 they have i found her outside drinking beer and smoking weed with a bunch of men , .The owner is not that nice he tells you one thing and turns and does another. the pool is so dirty and i seen the owner pooring bottles of bleach in the pool to clean the green slime from the bottom.he doesnt care that people smoke weed inside as well as outside and the guest will either offer you to buy there drugs or partake!! you can smell it down the hallways ,the beds are on phone book or car jacks .and the police are there everynight for something i would never stay there again i would rather spend the night in my car and the maid lives on property with her husband takes naps during her shift and if your lucky u might get your room cleaned by 830 pm and you want the smell of cat or dog urine

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank amysill8776
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#21 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Silver Saddle Motel
Silver Saddle Motel
#9 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Comfort Inn Manitou Springs
Comfort Inn Manitou Springs
#4 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!