“never again its a drug motel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitou Springs
Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak
Denver, Colorado
“never again its a drug motel”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

First of all this place is so bad i will start off with the maid service ,shes rude ,her attire is inapropreate ,she talks to people like there stupid ,it took her forever to get me clean towels,she told me the owner wouldnt buy new towels,,she doents wash the mold off the shower curtains ,you can hear her vacumeing late at night and when you ask her for the vacum she givse you the crapiest one out of the 5 they have i found her outside drinking beer and smoking weed with a bunch of men , .The owner is not that nice he tells you one thing and turns and does another. the pool is so dirty and i seen the owner pooring bottles of bleach in the pool to clean the green slime from the bottom.he doesnt care that people smoke weed inside as well as outside and the guest will either offer you to buy there drugs or partake!! you can smell it down the hallways ,the beds are on phone book or car jacks .and the police are there everynight for something i would never stay there again i would rather spend the night in my car and the maid lives on property with her husband takes naps during her shift and if your lucky u might get your room cleaned by 830 pm and you want the smell of cat or dog urine

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank amysill8776

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was a huge mistake! Reading through Manitou Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau guide book for 2011, I had selected the Manitou Inn and Suites at Pikes Peak. The description reads, “Enjoy the best in Manitou! Clean & comfortable. Gorgeous views. Restaurants, shopping, attractions within walking distance. Complimentary breakfast, WIFI, Children 12 and under stay free.” This is far from the truth and I challenge you to go stay there for one night—you really have to experience it first-hand. The Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau has lost credibility. Have they thought about verifying the descriptions are correct before putting them in print? Obviously not, as this hotel is a dump! This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. Let’s review a few highlights from the night I stayed there:
1. There is no complimentary breakfast.
2.The office door opens at 8 a.m. The only ice machine is located within the office on the first floor. Therefore, there is no access until 8 a.m.
3.Three floor hotel with no elevators. I had requested to be on the ground level. We were placed on Floor 3.
4.The carpet on the stairs was beyond soiled. It is nasty!
5.There is a casing on the wall for a box of Kleenex but the hotel does not provide Kleenex.
6.The bedspread and sheets had holes in them.
7.The white plastic ice container and plastic liner had dirt and hair in them. I requested a new ice container and plastic liner and I was told the hotel didn’t have any more ice containers and plastic liners, by an employee who was not dressed professionally and did not communicate professionally. This was the first time I ever have been turned away empty handed at a hotel.
8.The towels had brown and black stains on them. I guess the hotel staff is too cheap to buy some bleach.
9.The bathtub/shower had 2 cracks in the bottom of it and sounded like it was breaking every time a move was made while showering.
10.The mattress on the bed was thin, lumpy, way too soft and very old.
11.There were only three pillows for a king size bed, oh did I say pillows, they were more like pancakes. Both my husband and I suffered neck and body aches from this broken down bed and pillows. I was awake almost the entire night.
12.There was no luggage rack in the room to place our suitcase where we could access the contents.
13.There were no plastic laundry bags.
The Manitou Inn and Suites at Pikes Peak was by far the worst hotel room we have ever stayed in. I will never trust the Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau information again. I challenged their staff to pay $77 to stay one night at the Manitou Inn and Springs at Pikes Peak in this dump that theysaid was the best in Manitou.

The Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce staff responded and said they would get back to me following their discussion with the owner of the property. It has been a month now and they have not contacted me. Do not stay at Manitou Inn and Suites at Pikes Peak---it is not fit for humans!

Room Tip: Do not stay at Manitou Inn and Suites at Pikes Peak---it is not fit for humans! It is a dump.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank bedlammom2004

Travelers are raving about these Manitou Springs hotels

DeGraff
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We were excited to stay in a motel wirh a veiw of Pikes Peak but when we already paid for the room and headed up the stairs ( by the way, it is three stories and no elevator) we knew we made a big mistake. The stair and hall carpets were filthy, as was our room. The furniture was something Goodwill wouldn't use, the curtains were full of holes. You could bearly see out one of the windows, and mildew was on the shower curtain. I went down to complain and they sent a crew to clean the bathroom. It was late when we got there so we did stay but never ever again. The desk clerk was very helpful but but she could hardly do anything about the dirtyness. My opinion...stay away!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ritajmc
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Searched for hotels in Manitou and thought that this would be a great value. Should have known something was up when we arrived and a rather large, very upset party was leaving the hotel quite a few hours after check out. Front desk help was somewhat friendly at check-in. The room was a nice size. The bathroom was the size of a porta-potty, the tub was nasty with a hole where the hand rail in the tub was supposed to be. To close the bathroom door had to squeeze between the tub and toilet or the toilet and the wall. There were stains on the couch and on the chairs. Believe that the sheets had not been changed since the previous guest since we were told that they only change the sheets one day a week. Could not plug the microwave in without unplugging the lamp or the tv. Found spaghetti in one of the drawers. There were holes in the bathroom door inside and out. The wall mount for the cable hook up was busted up and all of the lampshades were broke (they faced the damage toward the walls). The beds were comfortable, about the only good thing about the room. Now the worse part... Had the room "cleaned" part way through the stay. When we arrive back that very rainy night, we find our windows open (they were closed when we had left). Our pillows that we had moved off the beds, hoping to get clean sheets, near the windows were soaked. Their couch was also soaked. Had the manager on duty come look, were told that there was nothing that they could (would) do. Told it was hard to find good help(obviously) and the maid would be talked to (doubt). Refused to give us the phone number of the owner, so we could see if they could do anything for us. Ask for a refund for the rest of the stay, refused. Had to call the police, hoping the get witnesses and protection since the manager said we were threatening him, police also sided with us. Even though we had not touched the windows, except to pin towels on the too short drapes, our daughters were accused of leaving the windows open. Basicly, they damaged our belongings, refused to right the wrong, accused us of their wrong doing, and brushed us off. One day we needed clean towels and sheets when we were told that we couldn't get clean linens until later in the day because they were out of linens. While waiting saw the maid reach her whole upper body into the washer and manually turn the drum to get the machine started. Each maid we talked to compained about not having enogh help. We were really hoping that this would be a good experience but we were extremely disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Eagle Motel
Eagle Motel
#7 of 10 in Manitou Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#23 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel
Americas Best Value Inn Villa Mo...
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Manitou Inn & Suites at Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!