“5-star dining at affordable prices”

Cliff House Hotel Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Cliff House Hotel Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cliff House Dining Room has gained national renown as one of Colorado’s premier dining destinations. We are proud recipients of the distinguished DiRoNa Award and the 4 Diamond Award in Fine Dining from AAA.
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We have been going to the Cliff House for some time now, and I must say that it is always exceptional. Don't know where their chef trained, but the food is spectacular (it's often unusual, and creative with surprising flavors, but in a good way--they don't get carried away to weirdsville like some haute cuisine.) The prices are usually very reasonable. (I wouldn't do their prix fixe Valentine's meal for $45 apiece again, out of principle, but hubby arranged it). On normal days, lunch is around $9 (although a couple are $18 or so), and dinner from $18-24. For those visiting the area, I would recommend even stopping in for dessert and coffee if time is limited....the flavor and presentation of the food is outstanding! (Not to mention the china and flatware...I always feel transported to a fine European hotel!)
Visitors will feel welcomed and at ease even in shorts, but the indoor atmosphere is conducive to dressing up should you want to do so.
Oh, and could TripAdvisor change "dinning" to "dining"? :-)

2  Thank aspire2B

Reviewed February 15, 2011

My family - with two kids, eight and ten - visited in February 2011. We did not plan to, as it seemed rather fancy and we were under-dressed, but since everything else in town was booked we sheepishly turned up in our jeans and sweaters.

We were greeted warmly and promptly, seated immediately, and the sommelier (manager?) and two waiters came over to welcome us. Even with two kids in tow, the staff were very careful to treat us just as any of the couples at other tables, and they never once 'talked down' to the kids.

The wine list is amazing. Truly amazing. And the prices are far lower than I have seen elsewhere. A 1982 Chateau Haut-Brion for... well, I shouldn't mention it, as I'm hoping to grab that next time! Anyway, suffice to say you can't buy that bottle online for that price! Sadly I didn't have quite enough in the kitty to cover it, but I did find a most excellent bottle of 2007 Kistler Chardonnay, recommended by the sommelier, that perfectly matched the description of what I was seeking.

As for the food... well, wow. I've loved red meat my whole life and this was, definitively, the best steak I have ever eaten. My wife thought hers was too. Spectacular quality, perfectly-cooked, and the mashed potatoes that came with them were almost as good. The kids loved their meals (and the exceptional frozen chocolate souffle for dessert!) and we spent one of the most enjoyable two and a half hours I've ever spent at a restaurant, unhurried yet with attentive and careful service.

The big surprise, however, is that prices are extremely reasonable. An 8oz Filet Mignon ran $25, which for a fine dining experience of this quality is simply remarkable. Appetizers and desserts stayed in the single digits, and were as generous in quantity as in quality.

We are planning on returning from Northern Colorado soon - and staying at the hotel this time, too!

1  Thank JonR71
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Our family of 4 selected the Cliff House for our Anniversary Dinner this year. The food was outstanding. We tried 2 appetizers and 4 different entrees. They were all impeccably prepared and the presentation was beautiful. The pastry chef even wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocloate on our dessert plates. The service was pretty good although they were unexpectedly busy for a Tuesday night and it showed. We had to wait a couple of times. Also, we had preordered champagne and though it was chilled, they didn't know it was for out table. Also, I think the dining room is a little "stuffy" in the way it's decorated and lit. It was otherwise such a nice experience I hope they will consider those two factors to make it absolutely perfect.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

I only stayed in Manitou Springs for one night, we were originally going to eat at a different restaurant, but after looking at the menu and location we decided to walk around the downtown and find some place else. We circled the downtown twice for a place to eat and finally found the Cliff House listed on a directory. It was a little north of town so we drove up there and the place is beautiful. It's an old hotel with a big veranda where they have a bunch of tables set up so you can eat on the porch and they have portable heaters around the tables. The place is very elegant and the service was excellent. The food was the most amazing thing I've ever had. I had the chicken breast that was marinated with grilled vegetable kabobs and a spring rice. My mom had the black truffle stuffed filet mignon with blue cheese and breadcrumbs on top. The horseradish and honey mashed potatoes were out of this world. The entire meal was impeccable, the food just melted in your mouth. We also had the raspberry souffle for dessert which the chef was known for preparing. It was very delicious with a white chocolate amaretto sauce drizzled in the middle of it. The restaurant was expensive, it was one of the nicest places I've ever been to.

1  Thank saiza
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We spent a few nights at this lovely hotel on our last vacation. Our first night in we were tired and decided to just eat in the hotel dining room. It turned out to bean unbelievably good choice. Our server was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The sommelier was also very friendly and unpretentious when he stopped by to chat about their amazing wine list. The food was fabulous. Everything we had from the Cliff House salad to the lamb t-bone to some fantastic lemon dessert was just perfect. Everything was very fresh, and local as much as possible. I thought the prices were very reasonable for what you got. As an extra bonus, the dress was very casual.
This is really a great restaurant and I would highly recommend it.