“Underwhelmed”

Cliff House Hotel Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Cliff House Hotel Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cliff House Dining Room has gained national renown as one of Colorado’s premier dining destinations. We are proud recipients of the distinguished DiRoNa Award and the 4 Diamond Award in Fine Dining from AAA.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My extended family and I went to the Cliff House for a celebration, and I was very disappointed. The service was good and the atmosphere was beautiful, but the food was a let down. Our party ordered different items off the menu, and there were mixed reviews. Nearly everything seemed under-seasoned, and the selections were uninspired. My wedge salad was very average, the elk was under-seasoned, and dessert was meh. the I expected more from such a highly rated restaurant.

1  Thank christiekersch

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The family (11 of us - kids and adults) went for a special Mother's Day dinner this year. We had impeccable service, delicious food, and because we were in a separate room...amazing atmosphere (although the entire hotel/restaurant is beautiful).

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had dinner here on a busy Saturday night, so maybe that was the reason we had such a bad experience. It is a lovely setting and very nice dining room. Our service was slow and spotty. We were never offered a wine list the server just stated some varietals in red wine and that is what we got. Dirty and empty wine glasses were left on the table. I had the lamb chops and they were beautiful pieces of meat, too bad they were prepared so poorly. The chops had large globs of fat on them that should have been trimmed in the kitchen but were not. I requested them to be served medium-rare and they were almost raw and as a consequence, barely luke-warm. The other members of our group also said their dishes were warm to cold! Some of the other reviewers thought the place was pricey. I thought it was not expensive for a fine dining experience; however our experience was anything but that. We will not be back!

1  Thank Solidfellow
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've already written an overall review of the Cliff House, but the dining room, in particular, is outstanding. We had the special Table for Two three-course dinner: Cliff House Salad, Black Truffle-stuffed Blue Cheese -opped Filet Mignon, and Trio of Creme Brûlée. I expected three Creme Brûlées to share, but we were served three flavors EACH. The waiter was very pleasant and efficient. Breakfast buffet was served in the same dining room, and presented many choices.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had the wild boar and Swiss quiche and while it tasted amazing, the service was slow and uninviting. We sat on the veranda and the view was beautiful. Highly recommend sitting outside. I found the prices to be a little high for what you get; however, the experience overall made up for that! Not very kid friendly though so keep that in mind!!

1  Thank Samolotus