Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun Tour, Well Guided (Lantern Tour).

Reviewed 3 days ago
George M
Discovery Tour - wonderful experience!

Tourist66122483215
via mobile

2,814 results
All reviews lantern tour terror dactyl ropes course zip line ghost stories wind walker regular tour minute tour great tour duck tour group other attractions a lot of fun gift shop colorado springs whole family worth the price
Reviewed 3 days ago

My wife and I visited Cave of the Winds this summer as part of our trip to Manitou. There were a couple tours and activities to choose from, things like being dangled above the gorge.

We opted to take the lantern tour where you get guided around with bucket lanterns and hear some of the darker histories of the caves. Our tour guide (whose name escapes me sadly) who said we could refer to him as "The Hippy" was very entertaining throughout and whilst trying to scare us did also make sure everyone was safe and accounted for in the caves.

If you're going to visit the caves I'd recommend the lantern tour, its was interesting and unique and overall a fun experience!

P.S We hope "The Hippy" enjoys Cornwall!

Cave_of_the_Winds, Owner at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your tour and your visit with us. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

My husband and I took the Discovery Tour and our guide was Lexi. She was so fun and informative and we had a great experience! I highly recommend this tour! I want to go back to do the other tours for sure. There are alot of stairs, yes, but many of them are down as well as up so it's not that bad. You don't want to miss this if you visit this area.

Cave_of_the_Winds, Owner at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you for sending us your review! We will be sure to let Lexi know what a great job she is doing.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We were hesitant to take the tour since it wasn't cheap. Once we decided to go into the cave, we weren't disappointed. Carla took us on a tour that lasted about 45-50 minutes explaining how stalagmites and stalactites are formed, as well as some other cave information. To me and my family, ranging in age from 3-53, we thought it was worth it. There are some tight spaces, so if you get claustrophobic or are a larger person, you might want to stay topside and get a glass of wine or a beer instead.

We are happy to hear Karla did such a great job for you. Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed 4 days ago

This tour takes place in a less traveled part of the caves. Our tour guide operator did a nice job weaving in stories about the caves and the previous owners (that may or may not be true). Near the end of the tour, the lanterns are all blow out, and you are standing in absolute darkness. It was worth going on the tour just for that. Some people might consider the stories rather hokey, but they are enjoyable if you maintain the right attitude. It was worth the price of admission. I can't comment on the rest of the park because we only came for the tour.

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your Lantern Tour.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We arrived at the cave late in the day so we decided to just go for the pioneer pass and oh was it fun! The ropes course, zip lining and more
A fun time for adventure seekers not ready to take on the teradactyl!

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and we do hope to see you again. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went on the Haunted Lantern Tour with Big Jim today. It was by far one of the best experiences and tours we have ever been to. Big Jim was extremely funny and engaging. He told the ghost stories with such passion that you got sucked into his story and would get the chills! We would recommend this tour to anyone and ask for Big Jim!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your Lantern Tour with Big Jim. We will be sure to let him know what a great job he is doing. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great tour and a great activity for couples. The cave is beautiful! Carla did a wonderful job pointing out all the features of the cave and explaining the history behind it.

Cave_of_the_Winds, Owner at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! I'll let Carla know she's doing a great job. Thank you for visiting, and thanks for letting us know how it went!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Big Jim did a great job explaining the history of the caves. He also taught us about the caves and geology. Dim lighting. Spooky stories. Definitely a good time!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Cave_of_the_Winds, Owner at Cave of the Winds Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We are glad you enjoyed your tour and will let Big Jim know what a great job he is doing. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We did the 11 AM Lantern Tour which was a lot of fun (the "duck walk" was not as bad as they made it seem up front). Big Jim was a great tour guide, spoke loud and clear with lots of expression which made it all the more fun. My only wish would be to hear more of the geology regarding the cave not just the history and stories.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Awesome, thank you for the review! We are so glad Big Jim did such a great job for you.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited Cave Of The Winds in the afternoon and bought tickets for our family of four to do the Discovery tour inside the cave. We also bought tickets to do the Zipline and got the kids unlimited play bracelets.

The cave tour was interesting and our tour guide was friendly and funny, but it was very rushed. Unlike other cave tours we have done, there was no time to just stop and look around and take in the sights in the cavern... and I barely had time to snap some photos. It was hurry, hurry, hurry.

The zip line was fun, but it's not a real zip line. My daughter and I sat in a chair and were sent down the line and then pulled backward back up to where we started by a machine. It was fast and exhilarating. We were happy we did it, but it's definitely more intense than a normal zip line and my son was happy he chose to skip it.

Next, my husband and I relaxed while the kids climbed the rock wall and raced each other up it, climbed the spider webbing up the slide, and navigated the ropes course on the edge of the canyon.

Overall we had a blast and it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon. We would definitely go again and highly recommend a visit.

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed review! We're glad you enjoyed your visit, and I'll be sure to let management know your thoughts. Thanks for visiting!