“Solid, Great View”

Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Manitou Springs
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The view of Pikes Peak from the bed was worth it. The kids loved the pool. The location was exactly what we wanted. the front desk staff was very accommodating. The breakfast was not as good as other hotels, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family and I stayed in this hotel from May 16th thru May 19th. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a room with a small balcony, we didn't use it much it was too small. The view from the hotel of Pikes Peak was beautiful. My kids enjoyed the heated pool. The jacuzzi was nice after a long day of site seeing. There was a full breakfast every morning from 7 to 11 which was great for me because I could eat breakfast when I wanted to instead of waiting for my family. I am the only one in my family that likes to eat breakfast :-) The hotel also had a laundry room which also came in handy. I washed all out dirty clothes the night before we were to leave. There is a media room where you can print your boarding passes for the airport which was also convenient. The hotel is down the street from the Cog Railway which is a must see if you are visiting Manitou Springs. The view from the top of Pikes Peak is breath taking. Garden of the Gods is also close to the hotel and another must see. If you are looking for a good place to eat lunch I would recommend the Pancake and Steak house. They have good food and fair prices. They close at 2 as do most restaurants in Manitou Springs. If you are going to be visiting Manitou Springs the Comfort Inn is definitely the place to stay. Its close to everything, clean, and doesn't cost a fortune.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank teresa c
Reviewed May 8, 2013

First we didn't plan on spending the night here. Fortunately our reservation got messed up at an old property down the road. That was a great break. This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed. The property was clean, like new, and all the staff was super accommodating. We added a second night to our stay. We checked out long before breakfast and the desk staff opened the breakfast room 40 minutes early. We were so glad our reservation got messed up at the PPI. We will return.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HiggySt_Louis
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I ended up coming here after seeing how terrible the Roadway Inn was (next door: where I actually had my reservation). Mark, the assistant manager, provided wonderful service and got me a room with no problems. The property was bright and cheery. Rooms are a bright yellow with pine furniture. Room was very clean, bathroom too. Numerous outlets for plug-ins. Room had fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Bathroom was a little small, but made do. Bed comfortable, bedding was a little tired, but towels were nice. Biggest complaint was slowness of motel computer and tired mouse. Breakfast was good; included waffles. Every front desk person was friendly and knowledgable. I'll be returning in May.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor with 2 queen beds that are under king suites on second floor have more floor sp...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My mom, two kids (8 and 5) and I stayed here for two nights on our way home to Kansas in March. In all honesty, our only requirement was a hotel with a pool for the kids. This hotel far exceeded our expectations. The prices were reasonable, the pool was large and clean, and the hot tub relaxing, and the the rooms clean and quiet. We got one room with two queen beds for me and my girls and my mom got an adjoining king room. This worked out perfect for what we needed. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast selection was more than adequate for us. The staff was very friendly and we found ourselves to be centrally located to many attractions. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ksdreamer
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our stay here was exceptional~friendly people,clean rooms, good breakfast,fun in the pool, and relaxing in the hot tub. We were especially pleased that we were given adjoining rooms with our travel companions.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms are great for family stays!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a very nice Indian-summer like weather break in January 2011 to visit family after a business trip to Denver. The staff was extremely competent and pleasant. In fact, I have never dealt with a nicer, more genuine staff. The rooms were clean, fairly new, and nice. Minor problems were immediately and pleasantly resolved. Breakfasts were nice but lacked a little whole grain and fruit variety if you were trying to be healthy--but far better than most free breakfasts offered today. It is a great place from which to see the sights and attractions around the beautiful Manitou Springs--Colorado Springs area. They have a large, fantastic sitting area just inside the entrance with a nice, large fireplace and free coffee and tea always available. There is a daily USA Today available during the week and very nice indoor pool, but no gym or spa workout room or equipment. AT&T and Verizon cell service is poor in most spots in the motel because of the surrounding mountains but the free high speed wireless internet service is always great. I highly recommend this facility and had family members using it within days of our visit.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms with a mountain view run a little more but if you are going to be in the room much dur...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak? Share your experiences!