“Nice atmosphere, good food & friendly service!”

Heart of Jerusalem Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Huntsville, Alabama
“Nice atmosphere, good food & friendly service!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

They have a unique coffee that's known as the Greek Coffee ...it's very-very-very strong! I like strong coffee, but I don't think I could drink this again. It has the grinds in it and is almost like a muddy sludge. However, there are many that do like this ....so at least try it. They will give you a free sample before you spend your money. I put A TON of cream and sugar in it to try to be able to drink it, but I just couldn't finish it all. Their food is good, but unfortunately I can't give you an exact dish (it's more hearsay from friends), as I'm allergic to olives/olive oil and they do use olive oil on most of their items. I did try their Baklava in trying to contrast the coffee ....they go great together, as it's REALLY SWEET, but good! It's right on the beating bath, so easy to find nearby parking and easily accessible to walk to. Plus, they have a small outdoor seating area if you are a people watcher!

Visited March 2014

justhere45102
“hit the spot”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

was walking thru the shops and getting a little hungry so stopped here and it was good prices fair it was mid afternoon so not busy.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank justhere45102
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Middle Eastern Food for Low Price”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I stumbled upon this restaurant a few years ago while in the Springs. The moment I knew I'd be back in the area I planned my weekend around making sure I'd do lunch here again. And I'm glad I did. Extremely good food, even better than I remembered the first time, and very fair prices. Their pita bread is plentiful and grilled with olive oil and zata'ar spices -- yum. The hummus was tasty, babaganooj was smokey and delish, the grape leaves... I ordered the Heart of Jerusalem Salad - had a little bit of everything. Best part: They used the tabouleh dressing for the salad - lemon, olive oil, garlic and spices. The falafel was wonderful. Staff great. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Edward S
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Ok”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Depends on what you order. The kabobs are good, but other plates are so so. Service was good, but the place itself is kind of ugly.

Hope, Kansas
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This place was great! Food was great and exactly what I expected from a middle east café. I ordered the lamb Kabob platter and could hardly finish it. The falafel was so good and when I asked if The had a mix to purchase the owner made me up a little package and hand delivered to the table with instructions on how to make. I could of eaten every meal there.

Visited March 2014