“Great place that is CLEAN for a low price.”
Review of Mesa Verde Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mancos
Mesa Verde Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mancos
Columbia Falls, Montana
“Great place that is CLEAN for a low price.”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I run a B&B so my standards tend to be high. This motel is not new, but the new manager has his priorities correct. His standards for clean are right on the money. Especially for the price. Great restaurant right next door and a fantastic bakery just 2 blocks away for breakfast. Bed was in good shape as well. Enjoyed my stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
MancosInkeeper, Owner at Mesa Verde Motel, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Mark, Thank you for the great review, we really do appreciate it. It moved our rating from 3 1/2 to 4 ! We are moving in the right direction. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a safe trip home. Thanks again for all your great advice, we will put it to good use. I hope it's alright to contact you in the future should we have questions. Take Care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Torrey, Utah
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Older hotel next to a busy restaurant but no noise problem. Parking is right outside your room except for one room - ours! We asked if we could park between the office and the utlility shed and they were fine with that which was convenient though I wouldn't have wanted to leave a motorcycle there as it was somewhat concealed. Room was average for the price, no complaints and nothing special. Small fridge was nice and lighting was adequate, I don't like dingy hotel rooms. Internet access was excellent, the security key is on the bottom of the mirror and it took a couple of attempts to get it to work for some reason but after that it was fast. Bed and sheets were good, no hair dryer. Front desk was very knowledgable and helpful about where to eat in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank killer_bob
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Mancos is a tiny little town about 7 miles east of Mesa Verde National Park. This motel is a great price. The rooms are really, really clean. There is a mini-fridge, nice TV, microwave, and coffeemaker present. The owner is very friendly and informative. The next time I am near Mesa Verde National Park, I am staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I was quite shocked to learn that the cost for this place - with no fridge or microwave - was nearly $80/night, since the listing says the average is around $35. Otherwise, though, the place is fine. Free wi-fi, hottub although I did not use it, big & clean room, two beds (only need one), etc.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
tx
Reviewed October 10, 2008

The Mesa Verde Motel was a welcome sight in Mancos, just east of Mesa Verde National Park. We spent the day in the park, so we were interested in resting and not driving too far from the park in case we wanted to return to the park the next day.

The motel is owned by a man who said the whole motel is now non-smoking and he plans to keep it that way. His home is on the motel property. We told him we saw his motel recommended on Trip Advisor, but he had never heard of Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to park right outside the door to our room of this single story motel. The charge for our night there was about $60. The room was clean and fresh with new-appearing carpet and 2 comfortable queen-size beds. There was a small table with a couple of chairs and also a large dresser, so we had plenty of room for our stuff. The television was a flat screen and was mounted on the wall. A lot of channels were available and reception was fine. There was a counter with a sink in an area open to the room and the bathroom (toilet and tub-shower) opened off of that. There was a good heater in the sink area, but the only way to heat the bathroom was to leave the bathroom door open. There was another heater for the bedroom and an air conditioner which we didn't need. There was a coffee maker but no hair dryer.

Our stay was fine, and we weren't disturbed by any noise. We were happy to have a good rest in a good motel. Nothing fancy, but just fine for a night. There seemed to be only a few other guests the night we were there. There was a restaurant next door, but we didn't try it out.

• Liked — Location, parking right in front of our door, firm bed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank txtomx
Hotchkiss, Colorado
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I Needed a getaway. Hadn't had a time off for myself in years, literally. I Heard about this little town called Mancos, Colorado and how quaint and beautiful it is, and how friendly the people are. Just home town folks. I called ahead and got a room reserved. I arrived after a long 4 hour trip, from Hotchkiss Colorado, and was greeted by management in a most welcome and professional manner. Taken to see my room and given the key. Management offered to help me with my luggage. I was asked if the room was satisfactory. It was. The room had two beds. It was immacuately clean. Lots of fresh towels and washcloths, full bath and shower. Coffee was ready to make in the room. I was told by management the restaurant next door had an excellent menu and it did. Management also offered some menu suggestions which proved to be delicious. The food was wonderful, prepared by a local chef, the plating was beautiful, and the setting was perfect, the waitress was friendly and offered some menu selections. The people, friendly home town folks, the town, small quaint and friendly. Beautiful location and scenery. I will defintely be back for my next getaway to the Mesa Verde Motel.

• Liked — The friendliness of management, it is clean, and affordable.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank countrygal71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mancos
Far View Lodge
General Palmer Hotel
#3 of 33 in Durango
Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez
Ms. Kitty's Country Inn

Been to Mesa Verde Motel? Share your experiences!