“Best possible location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mancos
Mesa Verde RV Resort
San Diego, California
“Best possible location”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The owners are friendly and helpful. They have three horses in the neighborhood which makes it feel like the country. We love that Mesa Verde's entrance is right across the highway. Just go to the bridge and you're in paradise. We visited the park almost everyday. But if you want to go to Cortez for shopping, it's handy too. The sites at the campground are spacious and the area is nice and quite even though the road is close. Everything is neat and clean. They have a pool for those of an aquatice bent. We would come here again. Visit your National Monument and stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Art-Roxanne

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this rv.park which is located right outside mesa Verde national park. It is a lovely rv park and we enjoyed our stay here. The woman at the office was pleasant and informative.and the campsite was clean and well maintained. There was a nice clean pool,laundry services and beautiful horses to pet.

• Stayed September 2012
Sterling, Colorado
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We pulled into the campground very late and they had left our reservation information for us. It had been raining all during that day and they offered us an optional covered tent site. We took them up on the suggestion. Glad we did. They were very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. Right at the entry to Mesa Verde National Park. Full service campground; showers, laundry, game room, swimming pool, hot tub, and playgrounds. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We (a family of 4 with an RV) stayed here for 2 nights and can highly recommend this campground. I gave 5 stars for this campground because of it's setting (in the countryside, very near to Mesa Verde NP), the friendly owners (they brought us a grill and our friends an electric light, and we didn't even have to ask for it, they were just attentive), the clean bathroom and rest rooms (really, really clean), the pool (it is heated, which was very nice in the evening, and we just couldn't get our kids away from it). What else? The campground is well kept, well managed, and not at all noisy, even being near highway 160. Oh yes, and it has a mini golf course, which our kids also enjoyed very much!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was the worst lodging experience we've ever had and we'd give it ZERO stars if we could. I am reviewing our experience when we'd planned to stay in one of their one-room cabins.

We were on a 2-week cross-country road trip and we also stayed at 3 other campgrounds in very similar cabins but this place was a horrible experience.

We found this place online. The picture of the interior of the cabin shows 4 beds (one double with twin bunk above and then a 3-twin bunk). I am pretty sure I called ahead and asked specifically for 4 beds because I am so tall that my wife and I can't share a double. When we arrived, the cabin with 4 beds was booked and ours only had 3 beds (twin bunks and a double). NOTE: Admittedly, this could have been a misunderstanding on my part.

When we walked in the cabin, it was VERY old/worn/rustic compared to other campground cabins we experienced. The mattresses were very old camp=style mattresses. When we tested out the double mattress, we could feel through to the plywood underneath and the springs in between.

There were multiple bugs (flies I think) dead on each bed. There was a good-sized dead roach or beetle in the otherwise empty trash can.

We had checked-in after the office was closed... so because of all the reasons above, I decided to call the after hours number to see what could be done or to get a refund so that we could move on to a hotel in Cortez.

My ensuing interactions with the staff were the most unpleasant part of this whole debacle. Here I am calling the staff of a campground... the hospitality industry... and it might have been the worst customer service I've ever received. Usually if you express disappointment or concern, businesses was to help make this right or they at least express some understanding/apology/sympathy. NOT in this case. The woman on the phone was almost immediately defensive and combative, saying I'd seen the pictures and should have known what to expect. I DID know what to expect in terms of cabin size... but I don't feel bad for having expectations of enough beds for my family, decently comfortable mattresses, and no bugs. The bottom line is this... on the phone with one staff person and a few minutes later with another in person (who was gruff and used foul language), there was almost nothing done to allay my concerns, no apology for the bugs and poor conditions, no help us make suitable arrangements, etc.

Finally, the worst part was I'd paid the whole cost of 2 nights up front... Don't worry, I won't do that again. After this adversarial interaction, you might think I could at least get a refund... even a partial one. NOPE. I was repeatedly and emphatically told there was no way I'd get a refund. Should I understand because I was canceling last minute and costing them the opportunity to rent the cabin? Well, let's see... Oh, that's right... 2 of their 4 cabins (soon to be 3 out of 4) were unoccupied that night... so we certainly weren't causing them to turn customers away. Had I been given a refund (even a partial one), it would have been easier just to forget it and move on. Instead, this forgettable experience was compounded by losing the cost of two nights rental... OUCH.

In case you are wondering, we left. We went in to Cortez and got a great rate on a 3-star hotel... so for only $20 more per night, we enjoyed a great hotel. We suggest that you drive right past A & A and do the same.

My last interaction with the staff was on the phone the following morning (my last effort to politely request a refund of some kind). I was quickly told yet again there would be no refund. I said that I was surprised that is the type of experience they wanted us to have and then just before I began to once more list the reasons I feel their cabins fall short, she hung up on me. The end. Wow.

Room Tip: Drive on past.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Derek O
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This campground is right outside the entrance to Mesa Verde, so we were able to get up each morning and drive right into the park, so that is a plus. Also, the bathrooms were clean and there is a nice mini golf course, and the people working there were very nice and generous- they let us store our cooler ice in their ice cream freezer overnight to freeze them again, and they brought down a charcoal grill to us because there was a fire ban. However, we stayed in a cabin and it had a linoleum floor and kitschy decorations. Also, we went swimming the first night, and the pool was so dirty I didn't get in it, and the hot tub was lukewarm and had bugs floating in it. I will say though, that the second day we were there, the pool was cleaned so when we took the kids to go swimmimg, it looked much nicer and the water was clean. So, there are pros and cons to staying here, but if you want to camp right outside Mesa Verde, and want other things to do, such as mini golf and a pool (when it's clean), this is a place to consider.

Room Tip: The cabins are on gravel and out in the open with no shade
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank erinwantscoffee
St. Louis
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a very clean, well run park with a staff that is committed to customer service. We enjoyed our stay. It is right outside the entrance of Mesa Verde National Park, which was awesome! Bring sunscreen! It is HOT in Mesa Verde. But there were trees and that helped. The evenings cooled off and we slept well in our non-air-conditioned camper!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mancos
Far View Lodge
Far View Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mesa Verde National Park
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
Baymont Inn & Suites Cortez
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites
Retro Inn at Mesa Verde
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to Mesa Verde RV Resort? Share your experiences!