“A wonderful place to stay in an RV or cabin for a day, week or month.”
Review of Echo Basin Ranch

Echo Basin Ranch
Mancos, CO right now; traveling in RV)
“A wonderful place to stay in an RV or cabin for a day, week or month.”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We stayed in our RV for 8 nights. Jenny, the manager, is a ball of fire, moving at near supersonic speed to take care of what needs done. Despite her high energy and fast moving pace, she finds time to make each visitor feel as though they just joined the most wonderful family. Meagen, the young lady who manages the horses you can ride (well worth it, by the way), is also a top-notch, people-friendly person who also makes you feel part of the family while here. The ranch is well cared for, very attractive and has large pull-throughs and back-ins for any size RV. The cabins and other facilities are well looked after as well. The saloon/restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere and good food and drinks. This place is money well spent for a day, week or month. Very convenient to Mesa Verde National Park, Durango and Cortez. Guaranteed you will see wildlife in and around the ranch! We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portland
Reviewed August 10, 2008

After staying at Echo Basin Ranch in August 2008, I wanted to come back home and see how their website presents their property versus my family's actual experience. I am typically not a complainer, but I feel that the buying public should have a realistic presentation of what they are paying for. Generally, the area is a wonderful location, but the actual experience falls very far short of how the resort is presented on the website. The cabins in the website look a whole lot nicer than they do in real life. We found the two cabins that our family rented to be more to the dirtier side with stained rugs. Most of the furnishings were cheap, torn, and/or broken. We also found the stove knobs broken although the management provided us with replacement stove knobs and light bulbs to install ourselves. The toaster was broken, as were the TV sets, and a lamp, Most doors in our cabin did not close properly and windows were difficult to open. The beds were comfortable enough with apparantly clean linen, and thank goodness we didn't get bedbugs as some other reviewer did, as I have had experience with those before (a horrible thing let me tell you!). Beyond our cabin, I doubt the pool heating was working as it was really cold. I saw almost no one swimming the entire week in spite of hot weather, I assume, because the water was way too cold. We were not allowed to let our 12 year old child shoot pool without our supervision which was annoying as was the $1 fee to play (on a torn up table). The restaurant seemed non-existant as did the dance area. It took a couple of days to find the WIFI signal, although we finally did. Most of the green that you see on the website was from plastic grass. I think that I'd rather see brown grass than plastic outdoor carpeting everywhere. My daughter did have a nice horseback-riding experience though. And the manager did tell my in-laws that she would refund 10% of our fee because we encountered so many problems. I will write back if we don't actually receive that refund. There were not too many guests there other than two large groups of teenagers, although they were actually pretty quiet and well-behaved for teenagers. But if I had known that teenagers would comprise the bulk of the guests, I doubt that I would have gone. I could think of more negative things to say, but I have made my point. I can see that EBR may have been a gem once upon-a-time, but it needs some serious work and better management. I would not return.

• Liked — The Beautiful location
  • Disliked — Lots of broken non-functional facilities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
AZ
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We are here right now, along with 3 other couples. We are all staying in motorhomes. We are enjoying our stay and love the area and the horses. Although the park has some problems, we would all come back again. Unfortunately, the pool and hot tub have not been working properly due to winter damage. Everyone who works here has been friendly.

lsgaub

Stayed June 2008
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Went to a wedding there last week end and it was absolutely beautiful. The food & service was great, The management was very helpful and friendly. When I get married I would love to have my wedding at Echo Basin Ranch It is a wonderful place.

• Liked — the scenery
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Phoenix
Reviewed May 22, 2008

On April 23, 2008 I reserved a cabin for July 16th through the 21st of July.
On April 28th - FIVE days later I called to cancel.
They refused to cancel and have charged me $313.42. I told them I would be happy to pay the $50.00 cancellation fee - even though I cancelled 78 days prior to the reservation.
They have refused and are continuing to charge me $313.42 - FOR NO SERVICE.
I find this reprehensible and I caution anyone - they are certainly less than honroable merchants.
The Four Seasons does not have this punitive type of reservation system.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The staff and the lack of ethics
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
chicago
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Stayed here during the winter months. Absolutely beautiful. The park model was very homey. The managers were extremely helpful and nice. A lovely place to stay away from the crazy life of the city.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank tazzyChicago
Winnetka California
Reviewed January 10, 2008

What a wonderful time we had at Echo Basin, Heaven in the mountains. My family and I went to Echo Basin last summer. Some of us stayed in the cabins others stayed in the RV park. We spent most of our time at the ranch, Swimming, Horseback riding, and just hanging out with our family. The cabins we very cozy and clean. Everyone around was so nice I really want to go back. We had such a great time.

• Liked — They were clean and everyone was very nice
  • Disliked — I wish we had more time to stay
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank sweetn42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mancos
Far View Lodge
Majestic Dude Ranch
Majestic Dude Ranch
#2 of 7 in Mancos
Ms. Kitty's Country Inn

Been to Echo Basin Ranch? Share your experiences!