“Ok food as long as they don't forget you”
Review of MILLWOOD JUNCTION

MILLWOOD JUNCTION
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Mancos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Kingman, Arizona
“Ok food as long as they don't forget you”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were staying next door so it was an easy decision to eat at the Millwood. When I walked through the door, I felt like I had entered the 70's with the decor.

There was no one there to great us so we stood around, shuffling our feet, trying to figure out if we were suppose to go someplace out to get seated. Someone did eventually come and seat us and said someone would be with us. We had to rely on that since we didn't even get menus. We watched as others were seated with menu. Then their orders were taken. We started trying to flag someone down at this point. It wasn't until the later parties were served that we were able to get someone to come over and talk to us. The excuse? Everyone thought someone else was handling us. You would think no drinks and no menus would have been a clue that someone should check up on us.

Once we got a waitress, she took good care of us. I ordered Madiera Sirloin and my husband had the ribs. The ribs were the better choice. We also had the salad bar which is small. It is in what looks like an order window to the kitchen. They had one very good dressing but I can't tell you what since none of the dressings were labeled. All I can tell you is to try the less thick one. My Madiera Sirloin was okay. There was just something missing in the flavors to me so they tasted flat. My husband did enjoy the ribs.

You don't have to be worried about eating here as long as you set your expectations correctly and make a fuss if they forget you

• Visited August 2013

Greenland NH
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had Italian because it was Mon. night and that was their special. The prices for the specials were fairly priced. Some of the other food was higher priced. But if it was as good as the Italian food it would be worth the price.

Visited September 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner, sat outside on the patio, very relaxing, food was fantastic, don't be in a rush its worth the wait.

Visited August 2013
Hod Hasharon
“Very Nice "In-Between" Stop!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We drove into Mancos after a day at Mesa Verde National Park (reviewed by me separately).
Friends recommended Millwood Junction to us. Regretfully we got there after lunch service ended and dinner service hadn't yet started.
Nevertheless, the staff were very friendly and came up with an "In-Between" menu, also called the "Limited Menu or "Mini Menu" according to their site, which included sandwiches and stuff easier on the kitchen.
We ordered two Spicy Chicken Sandwiches which were delicious.
For dessert we shared a Robert Redford, recommended by our nice and friendly waitress, which was first class (Highly Recommended!!!).
By way of extrapolation, if the "In-Between" food was as good as it was, we can guess that the "Real" food there is as good.
However, it is difficult to provide a full and honest review based on an "In-Between" snack, which is the only reason I gave them only four out of five......We enjoyed the place very much!!
Worth trying for a real meal!!

• Visited July 2013
New Mexico
“An old time fav of mine....”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I lived 70 miles from here and came up for Joan's Friday Seafood Buffet. Plus nice steaks and salad. Back in the day I used to see Louis La'Mour in Millwood from time to time. Always enjoyed myself in Mancos and especially at Millwood Junction.

Hi Joan, we will be dropping by soon.

Ray

• Visited July 2013

Been to MILLWOOD JUNCTION? Share your experiences!