“Loved this place!”

Absolute Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mancos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Absolute Bakery and Cafe, is located in downtown Mancos, Colorado, just two blocks south of the town's only traffic light. We bake and cook everything from scratch, using organic, local and fresh ingredients. It's all homemade: from the eggs and hashbrowns, to eclectic soups and salads with our own delicious dressings, pastas from different parts of Europe, and our own red and green chile sauces in a wide variety of Southwestern fare. If you're needing a quick pick-me-up, we have a full coffee and espresso bar featuring locally roasted, fair-trade, organic coffees. The ABC offers you a fine-dining experience without the glitter. Enter the one hundred year-old Bauer Bank Building and immediately you are tantalized by the aromas of fresh breads and pastries coming hot from the oven. Our friendly waitstaff greet you with smiles. The vintage decorative tin ceiling, a variety of tables and chairs, the local artwork adorning the walls, as well as a great selection of used books for your browsing pleasure add to the unique, eclectic and cozy atmosphere that is so inviting to both locals and visitors.
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Only a block or 2 from our motel, this little spot is charming, offers a great breakfast and was popular with locals (always a good sign). Rustic atmosphere, friendly service and they make their own breads (very very yummy). My husband and I chose to split a ham and cheese omelet (especially good ham), they asked how many slices of toast we wanted and said we could have as much as we wanted at no extra charge. We had unlimited coffee refills from a help-yourself urn. Had some absolutely delicious looking
baked goods on display and I bought a piece of really terrific coffee cake from the little discount basket by the cash register. We were charmed and pleased with our entire visit and hope to stop in again if we ever get back that way. See their menu at http://www.absolutebakery.com

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Yummmmy! I had eggs Benedict and it was truly the best I've ever tasted. From the Bearnaise sauce to the avocado to the pepper-bacon to the potatoes! Incredible. My husband had a Key lime and raspberry bar of some kind and then biscuits and gravy. Mine was better, but he loved his too. (I didn't taste the bar, but he sure looked like he was enjoying himself.) It's always crowded, so be prepared to wait, but it's well worth it.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

whenever you are in or near Mancos - go here for breakfast or lunch, the place is gorgeous! the only challenge you have is to decide which of the nearly unlimited breakfast coices to go for. Everything is made fresh to order and tastes delicious. I tasted the Flapjacks with blueberries and the next day the porridge with fresh fruits.Staff is incredibly friendly.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stopped for lunch at the Absolute Cafe based on reviews on Trip Advisor. We had just rolled into Mancos at lunch time on our way to Mesa Verde National Park for a two day stay and were ready to check in a Mancos motel for two nights during our stay. The menu included food items that you would not normally find in a small town. It was big city cuisine with some very interesting offerings. We loved it. Even the sandwiches were special and I can attest to that. My wife had a Thai inspired curry soup. The drinks were also special as were the baked goodies. It was a small place but also had some outside seating right next to a stream. Cute cafe in a cute town. It's only open for breakfast and lunch. I heartily recommend it.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is one of those bakeries that we tend to visit on every one of our trips to the area. This time we enjoyed their whole wheat bread which made for excellent sandwiches on the road - the monkey ears were a blast from the past for my partner and they made her happy! - the latte was nice and strong - the cinnamon buns gooey and yummy (one can use those words when describing cinnamon buns) and even though we did not partake of the breakfasts they appeared to be out of this world, So if appearances count for anything, this should be on our itinerary and yours for breakfast next time through Mancos!

Been to Absolute Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!