“Beautiful and friendly”

Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place is beautiful and the staff is wonderful. My friend was getting married at the end of April and we were worried about her not having the Wedding outside like she wanted. The staff was out in the cold shoveling the snow off the grass because they wanted her to have a great day. Thank you to the staff for your hard work and effort to cleaning the ceremony site off and letting her enjoy her day. Thanks to I think his name was Matt, Chris, Jonna and Joe.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Since we decided to visit the area on short notice Stone Mountain Lodge seemed to be the last place with a room available that allowed a pet. We arrived and the office was closed, our key was in the mailbox.

The room seemed cleaned enough but there was only 1 chair in the room, the kitchenette offered only 2 glasses, 1 fork, some pots, but no plates or coffee cups. Our room had ants the next morning all in our dogs water and food. We had to hunt someone down to talk to to spray.

It seemed to us their was more revenue to be made off the cabins and weddings so the motel was not cared for and maintained like it should be for $129/night.

There was a wedding Saturday night and the guests of the wedding were parked all over the lot which was small as it was, so little parking left for actual motel guests.

We would not stay here again. There are a lot better values for $129/night who allow pets.

Room Tip: this area is popular so search and book ahead so you don't get stuck at Stone Mountain Lodge
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sherrilynncr
stonemountainlodge, General Manager at Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Per your request, we have inventoried the rooms to make sure that they are up to par. Although weddings are a part of our business, we value the daily traveler and are sad to hear that our rooms were not up to your expectations. If you are ever in the area again, please ask to speak to the General Manager directly so that we can get you the exact room you are looking for!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at Stone mountain lodge from October to April, and enjoyed my stay. They did have issues with the internet when I first moved in, but they spent the time and the money to fix the problem, and I didn't have any issues after the fix. It is an older lodge, but it's clean, and they were constantly making renovations to update the place. They have a great pond with ducks, and an awesome trail that is only for guests I stayed in a lodge room, and in the fishing cabin, and both were quiet and clean. The best part of the lodge was the manager Carrie and staff. They were very accomodating, friendly, and they really wanted me to enjoy my stay. I didn't have very many issues with the place and if I did the staff was helpful on the issue. It was a great stay, with great views of the valley(especially if you hike the trail up stone mountain).

Sam D.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sam D

Thanks, Sam, for everything! We had a great time hosting you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stone Mountain Lodge has some great things going for it. We stayed in room number one of the lodge.

* The path behind the lodge is awesome!
* They were replacing the roof during our stay and so it now has a new roof. =)
* The staff were friendly and helpful when we went to get fresh towels and cleaning supplies.
* The kitchen was wonderful to have available. It didn't have a ton of dishes etc but we made do. (set of 4 plates, cups, a fry pan and pot, strainer, and a handful of silverware, and a can opener) There was also a 4 cup automatic coffee pot, microwave, sink, fridge (apartment sized with freezer) and gas range.
* The price per night was great! We stayed for 10 days and got a reduced rate because it was extended stay.
* We loved being able to bring our dog with us.
* No problems with the internet or the TV.
* It is only 2 miles or so from the town of Lyons, which was great, as that was where I had classes during the day. And my travel partner was able to make the short drive to check out the many things the town had to offer.

We did have a couple issues.
* The office hours are limited during the day (during the office season at least) and so I had to communicate with management by email. Which worked out okay.
* The sheets on one of the beds either had not been changed or was stained.
* Our main issue was that the shower appeared to have not been cleaned for at least a week. There was mold and mildew on the grout and shower curtain. After informing the office by email, they replied that it was merely black caulk, not mold. We bought a new shower curtain and some mildew/mold cleaner spray and fixed the issue ourselves. When I let them know that we fixed the issue ourselves, I did not receive a reply.

Overall the stay was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hannah J
Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's a small mom and pop place in the MOUNTAINS. I read these and I don't know what people truly expect in the mountains. Wireless? You're in the MOUNTAINS and I saw how much work they went in to upgrading it. Everyone there was keeping us updated and they had multiple contractors trying to get it even STRONGER. I was there for a few weeks and watched them all work hard. I watched as people locked themselves out and there was always someone coming up the mountain - even late night with kids to let these people in! I think that goes above and beyond and I got what I expected which was a nice time that was quiet and away.

Room Tip: If you want just an overnight stay, the rooms are fine for the value. If you need room, get a cabin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed a couple nights here and the room had CLEARLY not been cleaned before my arrival. There was hair in the shower and trash under my bed. The cabins look nice from the outside but beware. This place is gross. Also, the internet didn't work and the manager didn't care. And they got irritable with me when I asked for clean towels after nobody had come to clean my room for 2 days. Talked to some of the residents here and NOBODY had anything good to say about this place. I'll find another cabin next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank moutainman79
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I reserved a room in the lodge after many discussions with the staff and planned to arrive on a Wednesday afternoon or early evening and stay for 3 nights. I was informed that if the office was closed they had a late check in box and keys would be left inside. Just to be sure I called the day before, no one returned my call. So while in route on Wednesday we called again and were told not to worry the keys would be in the late check in box. We arrived at 5:30 p.m. After driving 500 miles and guess what? No keys, no one in the office and the lodge room we were told would be ours was rented to someone else. We called both the office and the emergency after hours number and no one answered, we didn't get a call until Thursday at 10 a.m. Unbelievable!!! We drove to Boulder and had a great experience at The Homewood Suites on Baseline Rd. Great staff, clean rooms just a wonderful time. If I were you I would forego even considering the stone mountain lodge!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RoyW2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
Candlewood Suites Longmont
Super 8 Longmont/Twin Peaks
Festivarie Inn
Festivarie Inn
#3 of 4 in Lyons

Been to Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!